Ferrari Superamerica 45 unveiled ahead of Villa d'Este

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
Holy shit this thing is gorgeous! A sexier 599. :drool:

Source: Autoblog

During this weekend's Villa d'Este Concorso d'Eleganza, Ferrari will debut its special one-off Superamerica 45, a vehicle built exclusively for collector Peter Kalikow. Hello, gorgeous.

The Superamerica was designed, engineered and built in-house, and the car incorporates things like a carbon fiber rotating hardtop, as well as a completely redesigned boot in order to house the roof while it's removed. This appears to be similar to the mechanism used on the Ferrari 575-based Superamerica, as well as the (significantly cheaper) Renault Wind. Body-colored rear buttresses mold into the wide wheel arches. Other unique touches include brushed aluminum A-pillars, wing mirrors and a chrome front grille.

This special Superamerica 45 is painted in Blu Antille, which is designed to match the 1961 400 Superamerica cabriolet that Kalikow has in his collection. The 45's wheels are body-colored with a contrasting diamond finish, and a darker blue is used on the front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser.

01-ferrari-superamerica-45.jpg

02-ferrari-superamerica-45.jpg

03-ferrari-superamerica-45.jpg

What a hideous colour for a Ferrari. It needs to be red.

The whole back section of the car looks weird, especially in that color, with those wheels. Eh, I'd take a standard 599.

They had to screw around royally to make that stupid roof work.

Looks a lot like a Renault. Not a good thing obviously.

Blue=France / Red=Italy (NB for Italy read Ferrari obviously)

Last edited:
Ferrari's look great in blue, I would venture that I would never buy a red Ferrari and would prefer any other color. Dark blue, yellow, black, that burnt orange you sometimes see on Daytona's, and even gray of different sorts.

blue_ferrari_f430_at_braman_motors_1-568-426.jpg

>>>>>>>>

img_2777.jpg

Reactions: TC
Does the roof on this Superamerica also double as a large shallow dish to collect rainwater?

I think it looks handsome, and maybe even is the best-looking 599, but the only thing that weirds me out is those crappy wheels and the rear spoiler.

I'd buy it for the fun of upending a bucket of leaves on my passenger's head.

(obviously if I had the money for it)