FG Automotive Design Challenge #1

FG Automotive Design Challenge #1

• Total voters
i was JUST about to amend my post :p ah well i've got quite the head start then

thx MXM

Alright, I'm gonna try and scratch out something. Got my photo reference ready...

STOP

Like the Photoshop game, sharing previews and ideas is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Thanks!

Submit your final entry to me in a PM.

Oh for fucks sake. There's absolutely nothing wrong with sharing WIPs and critiqueing said WIPs. God dammit. Any challenge on a forum that's not about a car show, you know, forums where designing is all that goes on, even if it's for an expensive prize, WORKS IN PROGRESS ARE ENCOURAGED AND REQUIRED. Especially if you're designing something unique to fit a certain criteria. I hate that every challenge on this forum works in such a dissociative manner. Sharing works in progress helps to inspire others, make your work better, and forces people to be more creative to either stick out from the crowd or seperate themselves from others. Also it's boring not seeing anything at all for a month.

Got a good idea, but don't have the skill to make it look "pretty" in drawing form? You won't be judged for that lack. Someone with 3D StudioMax won't necessarily beat someone who did a drawing in a napkin with a crayon if their idea was shit.

Last edited:
Of course not, but artistic skill is sort of required for accurately translating your vision to a viewable result.

Oh for fucks sake. There's absolutely nothing wrong with sharing WIPs and critiquing said WIPs. God dammit. Any challenge on a forum that's not about a car show, you know, forums where designing is all that goes on, even if it's for an expensive prize, WORKS IN PROGRESS ARE ENCOURAGED AND REQUIRED. Especially if you're designing something unique to fit a certain criteria. I hate that every challenge on this forum works in such a dissociative manner. Sharing works in progress helps to inspire others, make your work better, and forces people to be more creative to either stick out from the crowd or seperate themselves from others. Also it's boring not seeing anything at all for a month.

I personally agree with the Photoshop game's format of keeping everything under wraps, especially considering what this game is accomplishing. Posting your WIP, in my opinion, reduces creativity because it may subconsciously cause participants to set your work as a benchmark and base their entry on some aspects of yours. We're trying to get a variety of designs. You may disagree with this, and that is fine. There is no reason to harshly criticise. As I said, this is a trial run and we can tweak the rules with suggestions. If others feel that a more translucent contest would be better, than so it shall be.

I like the idea... I'm shit at anything to do with Art/Drawing/Photoshop.

Doesn't mean i won't enter :p

I have an idea so far, just in rubbish sketch form.

I'm half-way decent at sketching my ideas, brilliant at 3d modeling in Inventor.

I'll enter, and I'll hire Chris Bangle to do my... I'm not getting this right am I?

I'm definitely interested, even if my designs are hardly ever any definite make; I like to make designs up from top to bottom without any heritage or definite cues. Guess you can call it the Ridge Racer school of car design.

So, it's definitely a challenge for me.

Bump just to remind everyone in case some have been distracted. :)

Game extended until 20 August due to low number of (serious) entries. So much for those 19 people...

Woo thought I'd missed the boat... will try to get some ideas going

I'm not saying yes to entering yet though... DarkShark

I've been busy getting my drivers permit and summer job XD

Might be able to make it.

Haven't been able to really sit down and work stuff out yet. Will try today.

I am definitely participating. :)