FG Fitness Challenge

screenshot-1318633693562.png

:D
And so it begins.

I downloaded the Nike app for the iPhone but it doesn't allow me to plug in the last 20 runs I've done recently. Right now, I've just been punching details into a spreadsheet for my records (total time, distance, calories burned)

I can't participate...

only because I can already do everything listed in this thread. :(

I'm working up to running an Ultramarathon.

Then bulk up so you gain weight and you can run a 3k :tease:

Did ~1 hour walk+jog and I definitely jogged a mile! :thumbsup:

Wouldn't mind doing the run 3miles challenge, actually have a treadmill in the back room that never gets used, and a cycle-machine IIRC.

Problem is I can't risk losing any more weight... :(
You can run, just eat appropriately for it and you'll be fine.

Ahh hell, I should join too.

Due to recent health issues and the meds I had to take for them, I gained over 40 pounds in the last year and a half! But, after having my meds adjusted, and actually being able to walk around at work the entire day without being in killer agony...I now have no excuse to get back on the treadmill and eat better.

I'll list my goals later....

On the treadmill, warming up.

LIVE UPDATES SON

I'm in. My original plans were 1-2 miles every other day and work with an Insanity regime. We'll see how that goes... Did about a mile and a half today, but I feel like shit. Man I am out of shape.

Couch to 5k sounds alright, I do need to get as fit as possible by September next year and this looks like a good place to start.

Dunno about any precise goals yet, but I do want to get in shape. I just hate the cold and damp weather outside right now and it feels like I'm coming up with the third flu this fall (could also be some side effect from the removal of two wisdom teeth yesterday). Perhaps I'll finally go and get the key for our resident's gym on Monday, they should have a basic selection of workout equipment there so at least I could go and do something even when it's raining.

1 hour and 20 minutes, 1251 calories, average heart rate 162, max 202.

Tried and lifted 5 lbs more than usual on front raises, lateral raises, and shoulder press.

I'll get in on this.

I'll be aiming for the 5k, which shouldn't be too difficult as I already can do 1.5 miles as my workout warm-up currently. I also hope to be benching my bodyweight (~160lbs currently), but considering I can to gain some muscle mass in that time, it will only be an uphill battle.

Heh, I'm down about 45 lbs since the beginning of the year. I guess there is something positive about being too bored to eat?

That last ten or so to get back to my weight freshman year is nagging me, though. Do want off nao. Might as well join in, heh.

i'm in, just so i don't turn into a pudding!

last half year i went to the gym two times a week with decent results. gained a bit of weight, could step up on weights rather quickly, awesome.
but somehow i don't like it. somehow it's boring at the gym, and as soon as i go in there i have the slight urge to be out again as fast as i can.
so the gym doesn't work out for me. now i'm pretty much doing nothing except go for brisk walks every now and then and do a fair bit of cycling (on a touring sort of bike).
from the goals on page one, most don't apply to me. i can most definitely run 5km (maybe even 10 methinks), i don't get out of breath going up a few flights of stairs (although i'd like to keep it that way, personal goal here) and i'm quite happy with my weight as well (~97kg at 1,90m).
oh well, who cares... usual bike-tour for me is anything between 30 and 50km (20 to 30miles) at ~25km/h (15mph).

I would like to join but am tweaking my goals a bit.

I am going to try and 'bulk up' and gain more muscle. As for the run, I really hate running because whenever I do it I get the worst stitches that last upwards of 15 minutes. They are either in my lower left gut or in my shoulder, around the clavicle area. They are unbearable and it's hard even to walk. If I didn't get them I would definitely train for it.

So my goal is to get better definition in my legs and bigger arms and shoulders.
And to achieve the fabled six pack.

I am sort of in. Well, really just sort of. I want to get in shape a bit more but without the workouts dominating my life and I won't go as far and start drinking some of these protein shakes etc..
Right now, I (plan) to go to gym 3 times a week, normally 10 mins cardio warmup, ~1,5h of using machines for upper body and legs and then 20-30mins of cardio afterwards. Sadly, gym is ~20 minutes away each way, so going to the gym costs me ~3h, which I don't always have time for, right now I am happy if I manage to go twice a week, which already is rare. Trying to compensate by doing some cardio on the bike at home, not always going well ;)

Also, I am quite happy how it turned out so far, I just leave this here http://forums.finalgear.com/off-topic/post-a-pic-of-yourself-745/page-589/#post1755527 :)