FG Fitness Challenge

I've lost a few pounds, like 5 lbs or so.

Once again a sunday jog of 4.6 km. Since I don't own scales I have no idea what I weigh and/or lose by that...

Lost 3 pounds during our springbreak vacation :dance:

Just testing a theory....

narf

I have been taking KungFu lessons since January 2016, at a rate of 2 1h lessons per week (when I am not away on business).

Since the beginning of 2017, I have lost a little bit more than 10 pounds :)

IMG_20170322_065836.jpg

Fat %:
IMG_20170322_065854.jpg

Just testing a theory....

narf
Fail!

Last weekend it rained constantly so I didn't go for a jog (I'm not that hardcore ... yet), but today it's beautiful so I did another 4.7 km.

Today I went 9.5 im in half an hour - by Bike, and I'll drive back in a couple of hours.

Once again a triple post - 4.7 km jogging in 25:30min. :)

I really need to step up my game. My latest few cycling tours ended with average speeds of just about 25 kph.

Of course, in case of today that might have something to do with the fact that I did 46 km, which is 50% farther than I've ridden since last summer, and also with the Bachelor party yesterday that involved karting (at least I won the race, which was a time attack drive for me since I was always at the front :D) and bubble football...

Last edited:
Since tomorrow I'll be with my family the whole day I pushed my weekly lap to today, but as it's stormy and cold I shortened the lap to 3 km, but at least I didn't slack off completely...

FG Fitness Challenge

After vacation, my habits fell apart. I ended up going back to my pre weight loss weight of 250 ish lbs.

That ends today. I'm going to my bf's to plan a weeks worth of healthy lunches and dinners. I'll be doing this every Saturday from now on.

The eating shitty food stops here. The cravings and binge eating of refined grained sweets are going to be in the past. The small amount of soda consumption will end again. I'll force myself to adhere to a water only regimen. I've done it before, I can do it again.

I'll also be signing myself up for the gym and committing to a schedule of workouts after work.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday will be couch to 5k days. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday will be some form of weights

Last edited:
Today was good weather again so I went another lap of 4.6 km in around 25 minutes. I didn't want to do the full 6-ish km lap yet, but I'm getting there eventually...

We got a treadmill last weekend :| have used it twice since for 30 mins each time, and I didn't feel like I wanted to roll over and die after, so yay. I would prefer to run outside but that's just not logistically possible at the moment but at least I've started running again :)

You were just in time, I did my usual lap today as well.

That ends today. I'm going to my bf's to plan a weeks worth of healthy lunches and dinners. I'll be doing this every Saturday from now on.

The eating shitty food stops here. The cravings and binge eating of refined grained sweets are going to be in the past. The small amount of soda consumption will end again. I'll force myself to adhere to a water only regimen. I've done it before, I can do it again.

I'll also be signing myself up for the gym and committing to a schedule of workouts after work.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday will be couch to 5k days. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday will be some form of weights
So, are you still sticking to that or was that empty promises? ;)

FG Fitness Challenge

You were just in time, I did my usual lap today as well.

So, are you still sticking to that or was that empty promises? ;)

I've made it through a week of eating healthy pre planned meals. This past week was a bit of a loss but I'm determined to get a weeks worth of pre planned meals together for this week on Monday.

I haven't signed up for a gym membership yet because I'm debating using my health insurance benefit (which would mean going to a gym near work but having access to other gyms in the network for 25 bucks a month with a 3 month commitment and 25 buck enrollment fee) or doing a no contract plan with planet fitness or another, closer, gym.

Soda goal is achieved. Replaced by naturally flavored water (water and lemon or watermelon juice is all the ingredients).

Last edited:
Whoops, forgot to log the last two weekends - on Sunday 6th I did the usual 4.6 km jogging lap, yesterday I went to my mother by bike (10 km), then with her and my 2 year old niece via public transport to my sister and from there home by bike again (18 km).

I have been on the treadmill 3 times a week since we got it and today I signed up for a 5 km run to mark the opening of a new piece of motorway on the 28th.

Ugh... the last few weeks have pretty much suuucked fitness wise...

I was on holiday for about 4 weeks (most of april), so while I did do a fair bit of walking, I didn't do any running. The week after I was back, I went for two runs, maybe 20 km combined just to straight away get sick with the flu or something. So yay, no more running for the following two weeks again (my nose is still a little stuffy, but hey). In total, over the last 8 weeks, I have thus done a total of maybe 20 km of running and the occasional ride by bike to the shops, to somewhere in town or to work - nothing that would count as excercise.

Tonight, I'll be back on a 14 km run - let's see how bad things have gotten :|

I have been away in Charlotte, NC for most of the past month and a half, so I only went to 2 Kung Fu classes in all of April, plus I was eating restaurant/microwave food for most of that time. And I tried probably around 40 new beers, most of them IPA (so not light beers).

During the first stint (early april), I still exercised a few times a week. I came back home, and I had gained 4 pounds :(

Just came back from the second stint, were working between 70 and 80 hours a week meant I didn't exercise once, and yet, I actually went back down 5 pounds :confused:

Tomorrow back to regular Kung Fu lessons every week, let's see if I can keep the weight down.

Once again not my usual lap of jogging, but some cycling. 15.5 km through forest and so on in around 50 minutes - I mapped this route beforehand and put it into OsmAnd on my smartphone to navigate.