FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters
doing that definitely won?t improve your chances :p

Chancees of what :p

I found sticking my satnav to my windshield a big help last year. Because the Ring is a public road, it's in all satnav software. It really helped me in a few tricky situations. And even driving moderately fast around there is still the biggest thrill i ever got out of anything.

Ahhh, interesting, I'll check if I have a map of .de on mine.

If I still had the old honda (in working order) I'd go round, that car was so fun, but I don't know with that house of a car I have now.

^ Let me know if you need a babysitter :D

Need new tires, but I'll certainly go round a couple of times.

You should be able make it from Berlin to the ring in six hours if you keep your foot down :p

:lol: Believe me, the thought did cross my mind...!
Unfortunately flying to Berlin. I'll be back in the UK on the 18th July, but it's Dad's birthday on the 19th... Maybe I can just call him from Germany... Hmmm... :lol:

I'll be on new tires as well, these puppies can fly, but they are a bit worn out already. Also, a little reminder, most of the nordschleife was resurfaced in january, so the asphalt is very smooth and very grippy. According to Ford Prefect, tires tend to squeal even in the wet.

And i hope he comes again, his knowledge of the track really helped me, i'd love for him to be my codriver again, if he doesn't fall asleep from boredom. :p

Time of 12:27, you're getting your ass kicked!

I'll be on new tires as well, these puppies can fly, but they are a bit worn out already. Also, a little reminder, most of the nordschleife was resurfaced in january, so the asphalt is very smooth and very grippy. According to Ford Prefect, tires tend to squeal even in the wet.

And i hope he comes again, his knowledge of the track really helped me, i'd love for him to be my codriver again, if he doesn't fall asleep from boredom. :p

Time of 12:27, you're getting your ass kicked!

I?ll definitely take that as a compliment, thanks :)

but as I said, compared to some of the people I usually meet up with at the ring I?m still a "noob" (sorry 4 tha lolspeak language yo)... if I do manage to come I?ll try to bring my buddy Axel along, he knows the track way better than me, and his english is very good as well.

Look at it this way, it'll be a learning experience for both of us. ;)

So far my best time was a 9:42min, so anyone up for a white knuckle ride is welcome to join ;)

Happy to co-pilot as well, know the track and its details (at least last year's) fairly well.

Last edited:
Not sure whether I should send the Golf on another lap, but if I'm carfully at the Karussell this time nothing too bad should happen. :)

Which is the final date now btw?

So far my best time was a 9:42min, so anyone up for a white knuckle ride is welcome to join ;)

Happy to co-pilot as well, know the track and its details (at least last year's) fairly well.

so there will be at least one ring-guide :D

the tarmac they?ve laid down is actually quite amazing, but there are some quite critical points in the wet. Schwedenkreuz for example has been redone quite well, and there is lots of grip in the rain, but then right after that, in the braking zone for aremberg they have the old tarmac, which is really slippery. The exit of br?nnchen is great though, squealing tires even in the pouring rain. :mrgreen:

Not sure whether I should send the Golf on another lap, but if I'm carfully at the Karussell this time nothing too bad should happen. :)

Which is the final date now btw?

I think we can finalize 19th-20th now, based on the votes made. I'll change the first post.

By taking 12+13 we lose D-Fence, homer, kip, mautzel, mgkdk.
By taking 19+20 we lose Dins and Steve.

Aaaw, not Dins, he has a fast car! :( And didn't D-Fence say he has both dates freed up?