FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters
I think we can finalize 19th-20th now, based on the votes made. I'll change the first post.

By taking 12+13 we lose D-Fence, homer, kip, mautzel, mgkdk.
By taking 19+20 we lose Dins and Steve.

I can do both weekends.

Yeah, that's just rubbing it in! :(

I'd wanna come on the second weekend, but the F1 Race is at Hockenheim. Two friends of mine are coming from Canada just to see that, so I can't really leave those guys on their own.

I'll see what I can do.

well, my exam schedule came out today... and I can now say for certain that I won?t be able to come on either weekend :(

So when should we meet?
It might be fun to watch the race most of saturday, and I'm thinking of leaving here some time friday as I have 8,5 hrs drive so I'd be there around midnight and could get a good nights sleep, if were to say at noon, I'd have to get up really early and drive tired and still miss ~half the race :(

Secondly, you guys sleeping there, where are you sleeping, I'm getting too old and comfortable to crash in the car, any suggestions on motel/hotel/something.

Oh, and seeing as this is a 2-day event we really should find some place to have dinner all of us on saturday :D

The best place for dinner is still the pistenklause. But reserve a table well in advance, because it?s very popular, and after a VLN race it?s usually packed with people (mostly crazy brits and people from the VLN teams)...

I don?t know what you?re looking for in a place to sleep, I tend to to stay in the cheap places (so like 20-30? a night), because after a day at the ring all I really need is a clean bed, I?m usually asleep before my head hits the pillow. But at the ring you?ve got just about every sort of hotel to choose from.

I can recommend a few places, but it might be more fun to stay in the same place as mxm and some of the other people from far away...

yeah, sucks... we should do another meet one week later ;)

anyway, I?m trying to compensate by going the weekend after the 24h race, still looking for a copilot for the glp though... I?m getting my windshield fixed on friday <_<

Last edited:
I can recommend a few places, but it might be more fun to stay in the same place as mxm and some of the other people from far away...

Yeah, that's what I thought.

And I just thought of another thing, I really should bake a cake for the meet, what do you guys like :D

I can offer accomodation to those who wants to, even though I like like 225km away.

I would certainly think about joining you but I'm not sure if I will have a bike at that point.

^ I don't really like chocolate icing :(

My sis's was more like the original (taller) and more delicious looking. :eek:

Back from a very nice 24h-race-weekend ... tired but happy ;-)

We kinda convinced a member of our 24h-camping-chilling-and-drinking-team to celebrate her 50th birthday at the N?rburgring camping site "M?llenbach"

So I guess it's pretty much save to say ... I'll be there from 18th to 20th of July

Greetings Homer

Alright y'all, I'm game for both weekends :) barring any fuckups.