FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters
I'm leaving friday morning so i arrive at Alok's in the afternoon (10 hour drive), followed by a party and sleep over at Alok's campus, then early morning drive to the Ring (2 hours). If the previous parties are any indication, we'll be a tad late and a lot hungover... :D

So when should we meet?
It might be fun to watch the race most of saturday, and I'm thinking of leaving here some time friday as I have 8,5 hrs drive so I'd be there around midnight and could get a good nights sleep, if were to say at noon, I'd have to get up really early and drive tired and still miss ~half the race :(

Secondly, you guys sleeping there, where are you sleeping, I'm getting too old and comfortable to crash in the car, any suggestions on motel/hotel/something.

Oh, and seeing as this is a 2-day event we really should find some place to have dinner all of us on saturday :D

I, at least, can't get there early. Around noon at best. I suspect many others have a long drive as well and wouldn't want to come already on friday and pay for extra night.

About the hotel, I think it might be a good idea for those who'll spend a saturday-sunday night there to stay at the same hotel.
I've stayed at Wilhelmsh?he last year, and I can definitely recommend it. Really nice and quiet place, had a best sleep in months there (probably due to only few hours of sleep in 2 previous days, but still ;)). It's 50? a night. But there are tons of hotels closer to ring and maybe cheaper. I'm open to suggestions :)

I guess I'll arrive Thursday evening an I'll stay at the camping site "M?llenbach" till sunday.

On Saturday you should arrive at Start & Ziel arround 10:30 AM so you can have a walk through the Pitlane and hopefully a walk through the starting grid ... to touch all the beautiful racecars :lol:

Maybe watch the first 3 or 4 laps at the grandstand "T4" and then move to the Nordschleife ... it's a 6 hour race so it's plenty of time to visit all the interesting spots of the Nordschleife.

As I mentioned earlier I'll visit the 'ring with a bunch of friends for a big birthday party so I guess I'm not available at Saturday evening ... if you consider eating at the Pistenklause ... and it's a safe bet that a lot of teams and drivers will do so, too ... you should make a reservation:

Phone +49 (0) 2691 9220 - 00

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/de/restaurant/

Maybe you should eat at 6 o'clock ... thats when the race is just finished (you'll miss the winners presentation) and I guess the teams won't get there until 7 o'clock.

Greetings
Michael

Fuck I was over elated that this'd be June.. :(

Nah, July... Still a lot of time to go...

And here's my mobile number, so we don't forget like last time:

+386 31 383 794

hmmm, MAYBE i can make saturday....

I think we need someone to organize it. Like figure out how many of us will be there, reserve a restaurant, etc.

Volunteers, step up :)

Anybody any good at german? I don't mind organizing something, but I'm not speaking german :p

Ford_Prefect knows the place like the back of his Stig gloves, he might.

I'm trying to decide a Hotel by the end of the week.

Anyone have any ideas?
http://nurburgring.org.uk/where_to_stay.html

The last one seems nice, well they all do actually :)

Would be nice to get it booked already.

Yeah, it would be nice to have that in place soon.
I think the first one was where MXM stayed last time, but the third and last look nice too, but yeah they all seem fine.

Should we maybe make a list of who is staying and which nights?

mgk, drop by irc sometime in the evening, and lets decide on something. Then we'll just tell the others here so they can chose to book rooms in the same hotel or not. Clearly nobody has a strong preference anyway.