FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters
^ I'll see if I get time today, maybe after 10.

I dont really have a strong preference, I just need someone to pick up the keys for me since I will be arriving around 2 or 3 along with a friend

Maybe, just maybe, I'll give it a shit at attending the meeting. It's a 413 km ? 3 hours 47 mins drive from where I live. In theory I should be able to make it.

Since I'll be driving through Germany though, the financial part is kind of an issue. With refueling every 200 km's it'd be quite an expense (30-35l and foreign gas isn't covered for me - dutch is).

I'll keep you guys updated. I'd love to see what my Fiat does on the ring and perhaps that's more important to me then the money (as long if I had some). ;)

Wtf... are you on foot or something? I'll be making 1000 kms. 413 is nothing. :p

Damnit, Kaboon.

I'm doing 1900km through 4 countries on a car older than most people here, that consumes more gas than 3 500's, and needs ton of work atm to just get it running, and you're complaining about spending 4 hours and maybe even, oh horror, PAY FOR THE GAS YOURSELF! Not cool, not cool :mad:

Well I expect to drive about 160-170+ about the most of the time since I'll pass the German borders within like 60 km or so.

Normally I do just over 300 km on 30-33 liters at 130-150 here in NL. Please note that I have an aggressive driving style and I probably screwed the car with that in the beginning...

[edit] @MXM, obviously gas is not the only thing I'm worried about... It's a company car after all so I wouldn't know if the insurance and the boss would appreciate a trip like this. And money is kind of a problem too or at least at this moment. I wouldn't know about July - I just got married, remember? (in case you don't, I got married two weeks ago! :p)

Last edited:
Pah... MXM has a long way, I have a long way as does mgkdk. And I have to pay my own fuel too :p

Well, if you expect to drive 160km/h+ on average, you haven't been to Germany since the 1980s. The last time I've averaged that pace was at 03:00 on a weekday, not at a reasonable time on a weekend.

Besides, I have an aggresive driving style, but I still average less than 12l/100km when I go 180km/h.

Don't be a sucker, come on out, don't crash and have some fun. :driving:
If you do ruin your car, well that's just one of life's little lessons. ;)

Alright, alright, I get the point. I'll try a little harder. :)

And really, my fiat is that much of a fuel burner. I am not kidding, it (or I make) use(s) that much fuel... Not proud of it though, makes me refuel every 2,5/3 days for work (100km/day).

since i had no time for the last meet, i'l check whats possible this time. i guarantee that i wont go around the ring with my "car" ;). but i'd love to be someones passanger. i've been there a few years ago but just watching, not driving. i think i'd stay saturday and perhaps sunday too. we'll see.

since i had no time for the last meet, i'l check whats possible this time. i guarantee that i wont go around the ring with my "car" ;). but i'd love to be someones passanger. i've been there a few years ago but just watching, not driving. i think i'd stay saturday and perhaps sunday too. we'll see.

There is a race saturday so sunday would be the only day to drive our cars !

sounds like a plan. watching some race(action?) on saturday and make some race(action! ;)) on sunday. well, no action with my car so. brutal 67 ps out of an eormous 1.1 straight4 12V *gg*... will bring me to the ring but not around it.

sounds like a plan. watching some race(action?) on saturday and make some race(action! ;)) on sunday. well, no action with my car so. brutal 67 ps out of an eormous 1.1 straight4 12V *gg*... will bring me to the ring but not around it.

Of course it will bring you around the ring.... I have 68hp from a 1.0 milkbottle engine and I am quite sure its going to bring me around the ring :D

Well, if you expect to drive 160km/h+ on average, you haven't been to Germany since the 1980s. The last time I've averaged that pace was at 03:00 on a weekday, not at a reasonable time on a weekend.

Besides, I have an aggresive driving style, but I still average less than 12l/100km when I go 180km/h.

You need to get to the "Einoede".

The A4 Siegen-Koeln is a good highspeed run ;)

BTW: I averaged 205km/h Frankfurt/Essen at a friday night once ;) (not with the iziba)

I am still tempted to sleep at the ring too..but I decide spontanously. I will make sure I am there for the race on saturday though :)

And btw: Kaboon: I currently average ~11l LPG/100km with 75hp :p

Scheiss Ruhrpott halt. Da ist nicht viel mit offenen Stra?en.

So I've been talking to MXM in the chat and we're still looking at hotels. A lot haven't got any rooms left :(

Maybe we could get reply from people who would be requiring a room, and the dates you'd need it from-to.

Secondly it would be a good idea to have a way to contact each other if something happends/someone gets lost, so if everyone that's comming sends me a PM I'll put it together and send it out the week of the meet.
You might as well send: real name, mailadress, phone number, car + colour and if you're traveling with someone extra so we know how many we are.

Also we need to organize eating on saturday so we need to know if everybody wants to eat together or if you're emo :p

Anybody local willing to look into places to eat or should we go for:
... if you consider eating at the Pistenklause ... and it's a safe bet that a lot of teams and drivers will do so, too ... you should make a reservation:

Phone +49 (0) 2691 9220 - 00

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/de/restaurant/

Maybe you should eat at 6 o'clock ... thats when the race is just finished (you'll miss the winners presentation) and I guess the teams won't get there until 7 o'clock.
if there's room? Any volunteers?

I think that was it for now :D

Of course it will bring you around the ring.... I have 68hp from a 1.0 milkbottle engine and I am quite sure its going to bring me around the ring :D
Yeah, but he said sunday, not sunday AND monday. :p

EDIT: I drove from home to Alok's (850 km) and averaged 6.2 l/100 km with my 125 bhp. You guys are doing something wrong... (I drove back at 80-90 km/h and averaged 5.2 l/100 km)