Fifth Gear Axed?

Even Top Gear's executive producer has admitted that the show is aimed at "viewers with a mental age of nine". What's even more worrying is that he seems to be proud of it!

Whatever your mental age , once you have watched enough of the utter crap that gets broadcast these days you will become a total moron. That, of course, is the idea.

If Fifth Gear is axed there will be no motoring show worthy of the description left on air.

Even Top Gear's executive producer has admitted that the show is aimed at "viewers with a mental age of nine". What's even more worrying is that he seems to be proud of it!

Whatever your mental age , once you have watched enough of the utter crap that gets broadcast these days you will become a total moron. That, of course, is the idea.

If Fifth Gear is axed there will be no motoring show worthy of the description left on air.
Probably too advanced for me then.

Hang on Wheeler Dealers - at their best they are really good, they have on the other hand broadcast some right old tosh - but not often.

Last edited:
Hang on Wheeler Dealers - at their best they are really good, they have on the other hand broadcast some right old tosh - but not often.

I agree, but like Fifth Gear it has also been farmed out to the Discovery Channel (kiss of death) who have screwed up all the series and episode numbering and the release of new episodes is spasmodic. The first episode of a new series of Trading Up is out, but that was weeks ago and now its just vanished... ? :?

For the Love of Cars was also good, but I wonder if there will be another series?

I really liked Car SOS too, even though it had that lanky Basil Faulty lookalike bloke in it who used to present Fifth Gear... Tim someone, but that also disappeared halfway through the second series.

WTF as they say...