Fifth Gear Axed?

Gibby

Car(s)
Ford Fiesta ST & Triumph TR7
Just seen that Tiff Needell tweeted this before tonights Fifth Gear

Just five minutes to tune into @DiscoveryUK for last @FifthGearTV of the series and maybe the last ever ... not to be missed!!!

Link

The tweet was then retweeted by Jason Plato

Is it the end of the road for Fifth Gear again??

Ouch. :(

Included it in the news post. Thanks!

Well.. They had it coming. Can't really blame the execs for canning the show when all Fifth Gear did was do all the things that made Top Gear did wrong and cringe-worthy but executed badly. It's like flogging a dead horse.. If they stuck to what they were good at (proper car reviews) instead of the half-arsed, full of squealing crap they have now maybe they would have lasted a bit longer. Competing against the behemoth was always going to be a a lose-lose situation.

I refuse to believe this, because I think this season has been the best Fifth Gear so far. Would be very unfortunate if it turns out to be true.

Fifth gear is as good as it always was, I dont see a reason for canceling.

Would be a shame, done good work this season

Devastated. I realize I'm probably alone on this, but I actually like Fifth Gear more than Top Gear. Great CAR show!

I feel your pain. I'm a car guy and I first started watching both Top and Fifth Gear because i'm into all cars. Fifth Gear is a car show that is entertaining but a car show first. Top Gear is an entertainment show that is about cars. I love both shows and don't know what i'd miss more. My only thoughts are that this same "oh no, we're going to get canceled" happens at the end of every season is Fifth Gear, it seems like they've had 22 final seasons at Fifth Gear.

I don't understand people complain Top Gear is all arsing around but don't watch Fifth Gear who give you an informed opinion.

Really enjoyed that last episode thrashing around a forest in an old 911 would be ace!

I hope they don't cancel it! I liked this season. I did wish they had more individual pieces instead of having a Tiff vs Plato race dominate every episode.

I think the new hour-long format is far better than the old hour-long format, but maybe the thirty-minute format they did in the middle was the best option. I admit to always feeling like those shows were rushed, but if they had pulled out the "fluff" segment (driving a Global Motocross car / European NASCAR car / military vehicle), they would have sufficient time to do the car review, the "secondhand comparable" review and the Team Test.

I agree - I like the show, especially recent series. I give you the review of the 'evoke' which I enjoyed very much indeed. Better than Mr May's on TG IMHO.

Well.. They had it coming. Can't really blame the execs for canning the show when all Fifth Gear did was do all the things that made Top Gear did wrong and cringe-worthy but executed badly. It's like flogging a dead horse.. If they stuck to what they were good at (proper car reviews) instead of the half-arsed, full of squealing crap they have now maybe they would have lasted a bit longer. Competing against the behemoth was always going to be a a lose-lose situation.

Are you fuckin high? FG in its current format is what TG wishes it could be. Frankly FUCK Top Gear. FG is what TG should be, enough with the lame jokes and scripted juvenile horseshit TG has become.

Anyway this best not be true.

Even though I enjoyed this season it's far from the best.
This season we've had:
- Secondhand junk (worst item ever).
- Plato vs Needell (enjoyed the rally one, rest is too similar).
- Jonny visiting 'major' events (every episode) that I've never even heard of.

A little more variation would've be nice (and I'm not talking about only changing cars). I would like for them to continue though, simply because there aren't that many car shows around.

Are you fuckin high? FG in its current format is what TG wishes it could be. Frankly FUCK Top Gear. FG is what TG should be, enough with the lame jokes and scripted juvenile horseshit TG has become.

Anyway this best not be true.

A tad harsh, and you do know that you are on a TG fan site do you not?