FIFTH GEAR HAS BEEN AXED

Personally, I'd like to occasionally see Tiff do some segments on Top Gear.

I thought about tweeting Jonny Smith about it as he seems to check pretty regularly, but am not sure quite what to say.

Well since apparently I am his long lost American twin, I think I can offer a tactful inquiry:

"Hey jerk, been can'd?"

:p

Well I've been told that I am full of something.

Hum, so I see.

Anyway, I did finally send the tweet. How much of a fool can I possibly make of myself on an anonymous website in 140 characters or less anyway? Right?

^could always make another account in the worst case scenario, nobody would be able to tell it was yo uwho sent it then :lol:

So there IS a god after all....

Amen! Just never could deal with the way the show was presented. I guess i have just been spoiled with TGUK. i can almost say i would rather watch the first season of TG Aus than an epp of FG. IMHO.

no offence to the fans. really.

Sad. I've been following the show for years. While the last few seasons were rife with mistakes (Lovejoy, boring celebrity segments, too many trucks/vans/etc and other senseless stunts), I never thought it would be cancelled. I hope Jonny finds a new job because that guy has serious talent as a presenter.

Now what to watch in the TG off-season? :(

Last edited:
Too bad, I thought 5th gear was getting better.

No doubt TG will have something to say about it :whistle: :lol:

That's a real shame - over the last few seasons Fifth Gear had improved hugely to become something that I really enjoyed watching, hopefully this is just another case of The Daily Fail.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't true! While it's obviously never as good as TG UK and it's somewhat lost it's way to it's Old TG roots, I still looked forward to watching it every week.

Lame news is lame.

FG was always a entertaining watch, and something to fill the gaps between TG episodes/seasons. Pity.

Fuck, not cool.

The show has so much potential, but it's the lack of a proper production crew and the right material.

I mean, who gives a flying fuck about john bently, tim lovejoy, stupid celeb's seg, useless crash test, lame fucking science experiment.

If they can just extend all their best segments by 5min each, they have a winning formula.

But for some strange reason the FifthGear management just can't seem to be able to pick that idea up....

Tiff is brilliant, so is Plato. But what's the fucking point of having them great presenters if you are only giving them 5min each of airtime?

Just ask yourself this question. How many times have you watched a cool FifthGear seg and wish it could be extended longer?? And How many times have you watched a stupid segment and wish they should have never made it in the first place? And the feeling that the producer is trying to cram as much shit into the programme as possible?

Last edited:
Damn, I was waiting for the new series...

I always enjoyed Fifth Gear and never understood the criticism about it never being Top Gear... Of course it wasn't, they are two different shows about different things. Fifth Gear was more consumer oriented and was very very enjoyable.

It's a sad night.

:cry:

They need to bring Tiff in on a joint-review sort of thing, like they did twice with Steve Coogan.

Very sad news if indeed it turns out to be true. Yes, there were some weaker points, but I've always enjoyed watching the show, they had tons of good stuff (shootouts, 599 race, the M5 race to spain comes to mind).

Hope the presenters find something similar to do.

Fuck, not cool.

The show has so much potential, but it's the lack of a proper production crew and the right material.

I mean, who gives a flying fuck about john bently, tim lovejoy, stupid celeb's seg, useless crash test, lame fucking science experiment.

If they can just extend all their best segments by 5min each, they have a winning formula.

But for some strange reason the FifthGear management just can't seem to be able to pick that idea up....

Tiff is brilliant, so is Plato. But what's the fucking point of having them great presenters if you are only giving them 5min each of airtime?

Just ask yourself this question. How many times have you watched a cool FifthGear seg and wish it could be extended longer?? And How many times have you watched a stupid segment and wish they should have never made it in the first place? And the feeling that the producer is trying to cram as much shit into the programme as possible?

Agreed! They definitely should have made the duels between Tiff and Jason longer!

Damn shame. They did some good shows. Must be alot worse still on the air. Only positive is the mention of trying something new.

Must have been alot of good people working on that show. Hope they can come up with a new show. A 'fifth gear remix' by the right people should work.

Last edited:
FG probably wasn't the best show in the world, but I'll miss it anyway as from time time it'd offer some realy good segments.

Way too often. I always felt they were limited by too little time per episode in which they tried to put too many different things instead of focusing on just a few. Nevertheless it's sad to read that the show has been canceled.