Fifth Gear is better

mads

Just found out fifth gear is back, and i have to say its good. And after beeing deprived of any car related stuff in the last top gear season with the tractors, road building, space rockets and so on, i think fifth gear is acually closing in on top gear in terms of quality and car entertainment value (seeing topgear is moving away from car entertainmet and on to just entertainment, wich lets face it, their not that good at). If top gear and fifth gear were political parties and there was and election now i think i would acually vote for fifth gear just to stick it to top gear. :blink:

Oh no, that Beeb guy better note this.

Thats all we need mads, a protest vote. Me I might not totally agree with the way TG is heading or headed but I am loyal supporter and will continue to vote left wing rather than move to the right.

The first ep. of fifth gear this season was great! but the following 2.. Not so great...

Just found out fifth gear is back, and i have to say its good. And after beeing deprived of any car related stuff in the last top gear season with the tractors, road building, space rockets and so on, i think fifth gear is acually closing in on top gear in terms of quality and car entertainment value (seeing topgear is moving away from car entertainmet and on to just entertainment, wich lets face it, their not that good at). If top gear and fifth gear were political parties and there was and election now i think i would acually vote for fifth gear just to stick it to top gear. :blink:
I get what you mean in Terms of Criticism on TG. But please, FG is an hour of Car Comercials. It?s not bad made and here in Germany the Car Shows on TV are a lot worse, but do they do anything but praising the Cars they test? Given, I have only seen about 10 Episodes, but i observed no real -telling People how bad a car is- on those.

I can't say it's better than Top Gear (yet), but it is surely better than last season now that Lovejoy left. I'll wait till the next season of Top Gear before making any comparisons between the shows themselfs, though personally I would like a bit less cocking about on Top Gear, and more races like "Bugatti vs Airplane."

I think its closing the gap. Jason and Johnny's car reviews are pretty much on par.

I get what you mean in Terms of Criticism on TG. But please, FG is an hour of Car Comercials. It?s not bad made and here in Germany the Car Shows on TV are a lot worse, but do they do anything but praising the Cars they test? Given, I have only seen about 10 Episodes, but i observed no real -telling People how bad a car is- on those.

No i think they tell you if a car is bad, but just not so cruel and funny has JC of course. And yes i meant fifth gear is better than it has been not better than topgear.

I think top gear is great at car-based entertainment (i hate it when people try to act like it has nothing to do with cars)

I dont care too much about dry reviews (thats why "old" TG is unwatchable), i want to be entertained!

fifth gear better than Topgear? no. fifthgear better than it has been?, absolutely!
Than it has been in season 10, yes, but that's very easy because season 10 was crappy...

Seasons 8 and 9 were very much better in my opinion, not so "nervous" than this season, this season is too much fast-paced to squeeze too many "jokes" in a review. This makes it bad, they try too hard to entertain so the information comes too short. In addition to that there is too much stuff around the reviews which are basically just entertainment and have little to do with motoring journalism.

Entertainment is not a bad thing, but when you try too hard to entertain it wears out after some time, and this is what happens at the moment at Fifth Gear. :-(

Fifth Gear will never be in Top Gears league.
It's still good though.

No way in hell, did you see last weeks episode? Apart from the funny reliants, pure bilge

I think its closing the gap. Jason and Johnny's car reviews are pretty much on par.

ditto

I think also with a bit if tweeking they are going to give topgear a real run for their money in the next few seasons. Esp if topgear continues to slide

i don't know if i think its better, but its a good sign when somebody actually takes on that point of view