Fifth Gear is rubbish...

AstonMartin

and last night it was quite clear

So much I found it awful that I took the liberty to make my view known to them

fifthgear@five.tv

if you can be bothered...

is that difficult to make a program about cars? Clearly... :cry:

AM

Well, easily could have gone in the correspondent ep thread, and I assume this WILL get locked. Haven't watched it, but will, since I can fast forward.
Generally I agree with you, the last 2 eps were horrifyingly BAD!

and it is a pity because it would be nice to have some genuine competition on TV about car programs. I never liked FG (it is not a one off rant) but what I saw last night was the last straw that broke the camel's back :thumbsdown:

all the best

AM

Oh well everyone wants to rant about how bad the program is so I'll leave this open.

Can we keep it constructive though ;)

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Can we keep it constructive though ;)

Hahaha, 10 to 1 that ain't gonna happen. :p

^Meh yeah. Anyway I'll start because I've been wanting to rant about them for a while now.

THEY NEED TO STOP TRY TO BE ENTERTAINING. It's ruining the show! Fifth Gear certainly seems like the program that's better being informative rather than entertaining. Thats proven if you watch the older series'.

Watching some of the older series of Fifth Gear makes me really miss how good it was. Viper wouldn't be have begun hosting long ago it if it weren't good enough. It was a much better program then.

^ Yep it was... Less Yucky (yeah, I'm gonna call her that from now on!!!), more Tiff. Less TG wannabe and more info. Less praise everything we get to drive and more of an honest opinion about the cars...
And no stupid Lovejoy. Are we living in Springfield now?

Seems to me like its being redesigned for stupid people who always watch shows where you are being ripped off by having to call for 1 Euro a minute to tell them the answer to 2+2=?

They need more petrol head segments like the ones where Tiff and Jason go out to the track to determine which car is better. eg; M3 v RS4, Z4 v Boxster and Vette v Viper. They are all terrific segments.

Less informational segments like Jon Bentley's ones that he did a lot of during the last series. They might be usefull but they're boring and theres so much more they could do with their time.

I'm getting caught up on the first episode of the 10th season right now, and couldn't agree more; Fifth Gear has completed its slide into the toilet. What an *awful* episode.

Who the hell is that annoying new bloke that knows nothing about what he's talking about? Why are we seeing minutes of their banter in that cafe? Why the hell was he given many many many minutes with friggin Al Gore? Isn't this show supposed to be about driving cars fast with no boring entertainment BS like in Top Gear? Have they been studying US car shows where they don't drive any cars? And where the hell is Jason Plato?! UGH!

I was JUST about to start a thread about FG stinking, but then I caught this thread. Look at my post count -- I never post here, so you know that it's epic that I'm commenting now.

FG is horrible! It looks like Top Gear without the money or the good presenters. Each eps has one segment worth watching, and the rest is complete garbage. I'm all about supporting the underdog, and even with that extra patience, I can't get myself to enjoy it, not even in the slightest.

That new guy. WHAT is he doing on the show?

VBH: Shut up your squealy laughing. And leave your ugly sis at home.

Tiff: Leave the show and make your own. I'll watch it religiously.

I just viewed the first episode of Fifth Gear and

Wow what a disappointment - I truthfully have no other words to express my shock and horror to how bad it was.. I think I skipped thru most of it in 6 minutes, only watched the Mini vs the remote control car. What a waste of a download time.

Came to this forum and posted to see what the heck was going on - and it seems I'm not alone.
Sorry, just had to vent, I hope it gets much better. Not sure if I have the courage to watch any other shows I've got..

i only watched the first season 10 episode.. we should start a thread that is called somethiong along the lines of.. things firth gear needs to change to make it intersting.. and send the link to them!!

sure it's rubbish, but look on the bright side, it's nowhere near as bad as Channel 9's 'Glen Ridge talks out his arse while driving like a grandpa' oh sorry, I mean 'The Car Show'

gah my bad.

flyingfridge said:
sure it's rubbish, but look on the bright side, it's nowhere near as bad as Channel 9's 'Glen Ridge talks out his arse while driving like a grandpa' oh sorry, I mean 'The Car Show'
I can't believe I'm saying this but that's now better. Actually they are improving with their latest series :)

Watch a few vids:
http://thecarshow.carpoint.com.au/portal/tabID__803159/DesktopDefault.aspx

It's still crap but it's no long boarder line of complete rubbish which is what Fifth Gear has become.

no, i've seen the latest series. Even David Morley, a truly peerless print journalist looks like a half-wit fucktard hack on that show.

flyingfridge said:
no, i've seen the latest series. Even David Morley, a truly peerless print journalist looks like a half-wit fucktard hack on that show.
I'm not backing down on this one :p

Someone else watch some of the vids contained in the link I posted before. That program is better than Fifth Gear. Look at the content of each episode - CARS - even some really good ones. Yeah so the presenters are shit, but theres more petrol head action than stupid Fifth Gear.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
THEY NEED TO STOP TRY TO BE ENTERTAINING. It's ruining the show! Fifth Gear certainly seems like the program that's better being informative rather than entertaining. Thats proven if you watch the older series'.

I was thinking, maybe FG are trying to be entertaining because thats partly why TG pulls in so many viewers, because its entertaining.

Im not saying FG are directly copying TG, just they are trying to find a formula that will get in the viewers.

that's probably it. i think they are trying to get the TG viewers without being TG, and i don't think it's ever going to happen. FG was always the show for finding out about the specs of new cars, TG was the one for pissing about :lol:

if i wanted to buy a car, i would have watched FG. that's what made it good

:thumbsdown:

I really don't like this new season. It's was bad last season when they force the people in their fake office to work and iqnore them while they're filming it's even worst this year when they force those people in the restuarant to not look at them when they move around the restuarant when they film.

FG is very much like a fake set and the way they present their stuff are just not as great a TG. Alot worst in fact

Also. Why are they bring in all these useless cast member who looks like they're trying to get into vicki pants. The new season is CRAP already and they only aired 3 episodes

when will TG resume!!!?!?!?!