Fifth Gear is rubbish...

What is the point of Tim "I believe I'm funny" Lovejoy, he's been using the same old jokes for 10 years on Soccer AM but unfortunately there's a large section of Britain that finds the same old jokes funny and keeps this man in a job.

So Channel 5 had the bright idea of giving this guy a job, dickheads, only buy turning the off button and complaining to them can we get this guy off the telly.

I know lets start an I Hate Lovejoy Fanclub.

Arsehole
175306275.jpg

I know lets start an I Hate Lovejoy Fanclub.

Arsehole
175306275.jpg

why would i want to waste my time on somebody i don't care for, id rather just stop watching, all except i can't watch in the first place because im in the U.S.

Well, I used to watch Fifth Gear a lot, certainly for the excellent stuff with Tom, Tiff and Bentley. I've never liked Plato as a person but he is a very good driver.
It used to be good, if I wanted to watch a more informative car show.
But now it's pants. So I don't watch it anymore. The end.

I used to watch 5th Gear in Australia, because I didnt know about Top Gear and I enjoyed it. Then when I flicked on to BBC World and saw TG, I realised just how crap Fifth Gear was. I havent watched it since. I dont think I can watch it again, TG has had that much of an influence on my life.

I'm also in Australia and watch both TG & FG via download as often as possible. FG is simply one of the worst examples of TV i've ever seen, it neither manages to be entertaining or properly informative......just annoying!

I honestly think that the content isn't far off the mark, the issue (as detailed many times by everyone here) is Mr Lovejoy, Vicki does the best she can given the total moron that she is asked to work with.

Stop trying too hard & just get back to compelling content, presented by people who love & have a passion for motors :)

Actually the only thing I like about Fifth Gear is the theme tune and the end credits, the cars in the tunnel.

Edit: Just saw on YouTube the new opening song. I dont like anything about Fifth Gear now. I liked the old theme song though!!

Last edited:
I still watch Fifth Gear since my love of cars is greater then my resent of Fifth Gear. It's a tough world... you should know your priorities in life huh. Neway, I do skip the stupid chatbits after a while .; if I notice nothing has changed. They should just keep Tiff, Ford and perhaps Bentley ... but make him do some other stuff as well perhaps :s And be more informative about the cars. The last season of Fifth Gear I had the impression I knew less from a car after watching it's segment as before. Bah!! It hurts me to see all that potential go to waste actually :(

I was watchin' some old (pre Lovejoy) episodes of 5th Gear yesterday and they were great, curse those 5th Gear producers for riuning everything.

TG for the Win , Clearly the better of the two shows

why would i want to waste my time on somebody i don't care for, id rather just stop watching, all except i can't watch in the first place because im in the U.S.

I am from Canada and have both the TG and 5th gear's Eps..Ahh the wonderful world of torrents :p

Last edited:
Won't be wasting my DL quota on FG again....

Won't be wasting my DL quota on FG again....

I honestly think that the content isn't far off the mark, the issue (as detailed many times by everyone here) is Mr Lovejoy, Vicki does the best she can given the total moron that she is asked to work with.

Stop trying too hard & just get back to compelling content, presented by people who love & have a passion for motors :)
Completely agree!

I'm also trying to understand why Tiff now feels the need to get test cars completely sideways at every opportunity instead of just getting on with driving them flat out.

I pretty much wrote what you just have in a letter to the producers in the hope they'd return to the quality they had about 3 years ago.

Anyway, I wrote that letter a few months ago and no response from them so far..... :no:

I hate lovejoy as well, he has ruined a show with a lot of potential.
Fifth gear maybe a load of rubbish but its the (second) best we've got.

Be fair, Tom, Tiff and Jason are good when allowed to be. VBH upsets some people, but not me, and she knows cars, the spiky haired bloke started to show some promise at the end of the last series. The Caf? idea was not so clever; I preferred the show to use the boring office actually. I liked the shootouts but they got less interesting and weaker. Why I got so upset was because they got it to be quite a good show a couple of series ago then someone mucked it up - how annoying was that. Probably they kept trying to be like TG and they do not have the presenters, nor the infrastructure to be the same. They do have strengths that they seemed to minimise in the last series. I was so disappointed.

Actually the only thing I like about Fifth Gear is the theme tune and the end credits, the cars in the tunnel.

Edit: Just saw on YouTube the new opening song. I dont like anything about Fifth Gear now. I liked the old theme song though!!

You mean the "Bodyrocker" theme song? Post the vid please.

Be fair, Tom, Tiff and Jason are good when allowed to be. VBH upsets some people, but not me, and she knows cars, the spiky haired bloke started to show some promise at the end of the last series. The Caf? idea was not so clever; I preferred the show to use the boring office actually. I liked the shootouts but they got less interesting and weaker. Why I got so upset was because they got it to be quite a good show a couple of series ago then someone mucked it up - how annoying was that. Probably they kept trying to be like TG and they do not have the presenters, nor the infrastructure to be the same. They do have strengths that they seemed to minimise in the last series. I was so disappointed.

x2. Fifth Gear was a good show, but the new format just ruined it. How interested am I in lawyers, rugby players, or snobbish rich people? I want a show about cars, not rubbish.

really, i tried to watch some of the latest episodes in full but just couldn`t... it's like torture... it starts to look like they are trying to make as horrifyingly terrible as it can possibly be...

x2. Fifth Gear was a good show, but the new format just ruined it. How interested am I in lawyers, rugby players, or snobbish rich people? I want a show about cars, not rubbish.

I'm in total agreement. I would gladly watch a show that was in the same format as the series 8 and 9. That was a good car show. Especially now seeing as how little of Top Gear is actually about cars, a return of the good Fifth Gear is quite welcome.