Fifth Gear is ruined

Latest episode I've seen is #6 from the current series, not sure if that's the most recent.

I was always a huge fan of Fifth Gear, but this latest format is a huge disappointment. It provides me with absolutely zero enjoyment, it's way too short the way it is right now and I feel like I'm watching an extended commercial for something I can view in its entirety at some other time. That's massively frustrating, I feel like I'm watching incomplete episodes now.

Even though they have the driving and cinematography talent, this show feels like something that should air on YouTube at this point.

It's a 30 minute show with commercial breaks, leaving 22 minutes of actual show. In that 22 minutes they do four or five different segments, and they have so many annoying teasers before and after each commercial break. That's like 17 minutes of actual content, and that's counting the stupid celebrity segments that I'm guessing many people don't care for. You literally blink and it's over...

Shawn is absolutely correct. Their time management is horrible.

I get more entertainment (and information) from the 4 minute car reviews Graham does for Fifth Gear Web TV than the actual episodes.

In the last episode, they test the new Ford Focus and emphasize how important this car is for Ford. So what do they do? They do one of their pointless team tests and just show Tiff flinging the car around like an idiot. No information about the interior, nothing about the car's ride quality, just a mention from Jonny about how quiet it is. But wait, there's more! If you want more pointless footage of Tiff beating the shit out of the car for nothing but his own enjoyment, you can go on the Fifth Gear website and watch! I wouldn't be surprised if Top Gear gave a better review of the Focus than what FG has given us.

Top Gear already did a better review of the Focus than what Fifth Gear did. They showed a picture of it during the News, said that it was just a car, and ended it there.

The only way that I would have said that Fifth Gear was saved based on the latest episode is if Jason took advantage of being on a lightly-traveled, heavily-wooded road in southern France and introduced the Spaz's head to a ball-peen hammer.

[video=youtube;Fk5-gRXMVX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5-gRXMVX4&feature=feedu[/video]

Yeah is ruined ...

I used to scoff at Fifth Gear, Top Gear was miles ahead in every aspect related to show quality that I can think of.
Now though, with TG being entertainment with some cars thrown in, FG has become my favorite automotive review show. Not like there are a whole lot of good ones about. The presenters I've grown to like and respect a lot (Tiff and Plato fights are awesome and fun), they cover the cars relatively timely, and they give me what I want: a professional automotive opinion. Yes, their format is still a bit jumbled up, so it feels unsatisfying at times, but I yell at the TV enough already, so screw it.
:thumbsup: Fifth Gear, you stick with us petrolheads!

More entertaining and more information than the past two episodes of Fifth Gear provided:

[video=youtube;EyBUfJ6-fA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBUfJ6-fA4[/video]

i used to quite like 5th gear but now its 30 mins long it consists of

not starting on time so looses time for the shows 30 mins slot - 1 min
start & end titles - 1 min
mid show advert - 4 mins
pimping the quiz - 1 min
never getting to the end of the 30 mins slot - 1 min
comming up drivvle - 30 secs
after the break drivvel - 30 secs

so for the 30 min slot i have guestimated they loose 8-9 mins

and now no tom ford just bores me

id like to see tiff on top gear and maybe even a smattering of old quinten

I like the new 30 min format of fifth gear.
Yea, it's all a bit shrinked but the essence is still there. It's a very solid carshow now.
Since I (have to) watch it via torrent, I've no commercial breaks to bother with, and always jump the quiz as well. I can imagine however, that these bits are quite annoying if you can't jump them.

Some seasons ago, when TopGear was at it's worst, I actually thougt that TG should go the same way. And shrink to about 40 mins instead of 60. Fortunately, TG has recovered a bit... so that might not be necessary anymore.