Fifth Gear's format is getting interesting

For a long time TG has been going Elvis. Started out sharp and fresh but now it?s on a bus down to Vegas for a matinee show.

On the other hand fifth gear seems to be on the up not quite on a par with the old topgear but certainly better than the current all flash and no bang topgear. Seems they are trying new stuff out and dropping it, if it doesn?t work. I think Vicky is still hanging on because neither tiff nor Jason wants to travel to Anglesey to do the tests

The last clarkson DVD shows how far he's fallen. He swings from one end of the scale to the other with every car. I think they need a reality check

now that i think about it, fifth gear does review a ton of cars.....

a TON.

I don't see why Top Gear can't just spend 5-10 mins every week telling us about some new cars that have come along. Its almost like they are too good for that now, they only review supercars and have races with jetfighters for the hell of it. Back to basics I reckon.

I never thought i'd say this, but if the next season of top gear is nothing but supercars and crazy stunts, i think i'll stop watching it. Its just getting boring, i skipped over the entire azcari review because i just dont care to watch clarkson enjoy himself in the newest super fast car.

Its just clarksons reviews that are getting boring, they kinda mesh into each other. The review i enjoyed the most last season was james may's jayg-war review.

Its just clarksons reviews that are getting boring, they kinda mesh into each other. The review i enjoyed the most last season was james may's jayg-war review.

TG has their own style and now it seems like FG has also found their style, I hope they both keep it that way. TG's crazy races and stunts can only be done by them because they have the budget. At the same time if Clarkson reviewing any small car he will just bash the hell out of them. But Johnny and Tom Ford's reviews on affordable cars are actually pretty good. The only thing TG needs to cut back on is the challenges, the only thing FG needs to cut back on is the celeb segments. But other than that, they are both good.

I never thought i'd say this, but if the next season of top gear is nothing but supercars and crazy stunts, i think i'll stop watching it. Its just getting boring, i skipped over the entire azcari review because i just dont care to watch clarkson enjoy himself in the newest super fast car.

I've been complaining about this for the last year or so, concerning TG's current direction. Its funny how Fifth Gear has reached a level that it points out some of the good elements that Top Gear has lost.

and for me, Tom and Jonny's 'everyday bloke, non-racing driver' reviews make the show for me, and i love how they give Tiff, Vicki such stick for being stuck in permanent narrow-minded racecar driver mode. Sometimes we don't need a car to have the chassis setup for perfect responsive oversteer to actually like it, and im confident 95% of us will never drive our cars like that. the meat of Tom and Jonny's reviews actually hit upon points that actually matter to regular consumers like us.

I must be the only one who doesn't like the new Fifth Gear. I've been falling asleep halfway through the episodes, though I think it has to do with the repetitive soundtrack more than anything.