Final Gear Awards 2008 - Top Gear Top Episode

Final Gear Awards 2008 - Top Gear Top Episode

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^ Better watch out or you'll get anonomously negative repped like me for those comments.

Wasn't me. I appreciate that you want to be surprised, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Next time I'll be sure to have a "Spoiler" tag.

IMO, neg rep should only be used for posts that really deserve it. You know, those blatant ones. oh well...

IMO, neg rep should only be used for posts that really deserve it. You know, those blatant ones. oh well...

Yeah, I've been neg repped by someone who just happened to disagree with my point of view before. It can get pretty ridiculous. :rolleyes:

With the series ending today..... *bump*.

12x02 was the most Top Gear like (as in what I think Top Gear should be like), so voted that.

Vietnam Special ... I mean come on. U have to give them credit for that. It was much much more difficult to film then American special and 75min of TG magic is always much better then 55 :D

after long and careful deliberation, I say the American Roadtrip part 2 wins it.
Yes the Vietnam show was awesome and everything, but it wasn't really a "normal" TG episode, it wasn't even a "normal" challenge.

I voted for 12x05, the one with the powerboat. The only reason being that I know this is the only episode I gave a straight 10. The others were mostly 9's and 8's. :p

God this was hard.

In order of Best to worst and in the format of: Rank - Title (score)

1 - Nissan GTR vs Bullet Train (10)
2 - American Road Trip 2 (9.9)
3 - Vietnam (9.89)
4 - Top Gear vs. D-Motor (9.8)
5 - ?1000 Police Cars (9)
6+ The rest of them (between 3-8)

Hmmmm, hard to choose. I think it was a very good season and I liked every episode for what it was. I laughed tears with the police car episode, the Alfa Romeo challenge was really funny and I also liked the Blackpool episode and the Amerca 2 episode very much.
But eventually I voted for the Vietnam special, I soo enjoyed that. Yes I know, it was not much about cars and maybe too much 'scripted' for some people, but I like to travel myself and it's like watching a travel program about a beautiful country with your favourite presenters in it. :D

So here's my list:

1. Vietnam special
2. Police car challenge
3. Alfa challenge
4. Amercan Road trip 2
5. Blackpool ep.

Honourable mentioned:
Top Gear Ground Force and the Japan race

I voted American Speical v2 because that episode was epic and was what is TG really all about, the joy of driving and having fun all along. In my mind 12x04 comes in close second, James in Zonda and Veyron round the track :) But then it gets hard to chose..

Yes, Vietnam was an amazing episode, but it felt more of a one-off special rather than a "regular" episode.