Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PacketCollision

Server Admin/Crasher
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
generator on wheels
Ice and I were talking about what level of anti-grief protection to have on the server, and there are basically four options. I'll implement whatever option people vote for:

1. The Way It Is - keep the land claims system. Anyone can build in an unclaimed area, and if you want to build in someone else's claim you have to get them to /trust you. Chests and iron doors are also protected from being opened by untrusted users.
  2. Grey List - allow anyone to build in unclaimed areas, but turn on the more restrictive anti-grief options for them (no water on the surface, no text spamming, delay before reconnecting), have a "builder" class with trusted people who would be able to build in other people's claims. Some of the regular members of the server would be able to promote people to builder status.
  3. White List - Only known usernames can join. A few people would be able to add others. Anyone who was whitelisted would be able to build anywhere, and there would be no claims.
  4. Completely Open - Only included for the sake of completeness, it would mean no grief-protection at all. Assume that random people off the Internet will stop by and pour lava and TNT on your favorite project.
]

2. but could we have "gray/builder/ye oldie timers -groups?

gray as a can't place water, tnt, lava etc
builders with more permissions
ye oldie timers builders with different chat colour and/or being able to set gray's to builders (aka the old ops? )

gray as a can't place water, tnt, lava etc
builders with more permissions
ye oldie timers builders with different chat colour and/or being able to set gray's to builders (aka the old ops? )

But both "builders" and "old timers" would be able to ignore claims and build anywhere?

Any way to sort of give people plots? In like a city, with community plots owned by "nobody" but also impossible to build on? Like a town square, maybe markets where people can trade things.

But both "builders" and "old timers" would be able to ignore claims and build anywhere?

yes

Any way to sort of give people plots? In like a city, with community plots owned by "nobody" but also impossible to build on? Like a town square, maybe markets where people can trade things.

i think that could be arranged, once we find out how :D

Have 1 administrator who's in charge of all those, like he was of spawn.

A claims admin can make community claims and give build access to certain people or everyone. That way, we can have community structures that cannot be griefed, or community plots that can be modified by anyone but not claimed by anyone (that's what the spawn is now). I can assign this power to selected people. I might also be able to allow only a subset of people to build in community claims, but I don't think so.

I can also give "old-timers" or "builders" bonus claim blocks, with the understanding that they would be used for group projects and not to lock everyone else out of a huge mountain or something.

The claim system was causing too much trouble, so I switched to a pure greylist system. Anyone can join but only approved people can build. At some point I might set up a more powerful group/region system to handle restricted and open building in different areas, but I think that is more trouble than it's worth for now. Everyone who has logged in at least once has builder permissions. Quiky, Galantti, Ice, 4drian, and PacketCollision can promote people