FinalCraft Server Status

PacketCollision

Server Admin/Crasher
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
generator on wheels
I've thrown in the towel. Please play on LoOsE_uNiT's FTB MindCrack server (mc2.coastingfish.com) or, if you don't like mods, his vanilla server (mc1.coastingfish.com).

Last edited:
Someone give me build approval. :(

Finally joined the server. Build plox?

bPChaos, as usual.

FinalCraft Server Status

We can only do it from in-game, and just about everyone has the ability to promote you to a builder. Just go online when another person is and complain until you are given permission.

We can only do it from in-game, and just about everyone has the ability to promote you to a builder. Just go online when another person is and complain until you are given permission.

now would eb good time to ask how that mechanism works :D

FinalCraft Server Status

You type /promote USERNAME

You do it again if you want them to be able to promote others. .

i c

knowlegde promoted

server seems to be offline!

Should be back up. Unfortunately because the host rebooted unexpectedly, we might have lost a few days worth of progress.

I've updated the server setup so that if the same thing happens again we won't lose more than 30 minutes of progress.

Last edited:
yey thanks for the reboot.

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me. This is fucking weeks of lost builds, not days... There HAS to be a newer backup somewhere. FUCK

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me. This is fucking weeks of lost builds, not days... There HAS to be a newer backup somewhere. FUCK

It was about 8 days, and no, I would have used a newer backup if I had one.

I wrote a script to handle it, but not fully operational yet. Still a few bugs to work out.

Oh, well... what's the backup set up as now?

There is now a script that runs every 30 minutes (used to happen only when the minecraft server was stopped (ie not when some idiot trips on the power cord at the datacenter)) syncs the data back to the HD from the ramdisc that normally holds the worlds. That means as long as the world doesn't get corrupted and our HD keeps working, we will have at least everything that is more than 30 minutes old.

It sounds like Quiky is working on actual backups as well.