FinalGear Bi-Weekly Photo Assignment #1 - VOTING ROUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. N25 (#6)
2. KE30 (#1)
3. Blast from the Past (#13)

Reasoning for picking N25 as tops... it's the most editorial looking out of the bunch. It's emotional, visually striking and tells the reader several different stories, depending on the perspective of the reader.

I really, really, hoped that I wouldn't have to deal with something like this. Especially not this early in the contest.

It has been brought to my attention that the image "Tel Aviv Beach" as submitted by the user Carsightings was originally taken on July 2nd 2004, and was submitted with wilfully modified EXIF data to make it appear it was taken during the contest period. As well, the picture was most likely stolen from an Israeli website, "Verti-Photography.com". I have removed his entry from the contest, and he will be banned from entering any other contests pending my final decision on this matter.

The original image can be found here:

http://www.pbase.com/verti/image/30955151

If you have voted for this image, please adjust your votes to reflect the removal of the entry.

Let me say once and for all that this sort of reprehensible behaviour will not be tolerated. I find it personally insulting that someone would submit someone else's work just to get bragging rights on a website.

^ Strange - carsightings also posted this:
Carsightings said:
i love this photo 8)

http://img240.imageshack.**/img240/3508/girl273gj.jpg

This girl also appears on that website:

http://www.pbase.com/verti/image/30054372
:think: So either he's not stealing the photos and they are his work (albeit still 2 years old), or something's up...

And of course the very moment I bring that 'Women' gallery up is the exact moment my wife walks in...

Yes, apparently he's been getting all of his photos from that site. As far as I can tell, he takes them from the site, ramps up the saturation in Photoshop, and posts them here as his own.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Yes, apparently he's been getting all of his photos from that site. As far as I can tell, he takes them from the site, ramps up the saturation in Photoshop, and posts them here as his own.

I already suspected it from the last picture in the lense flair thread, the one fbc posted. The watermark isn't what he always used, and when I looked at EXIF data, it was all wiped out :? .
It looks like he dissapeared all of a sudden, why go through all that trouble just to post that picture on the lense flair thread, and now post it in a contest?

Berserkercatsplat, I would call for an indefinete ban for that

Wow, not cool. You get my vote for a contest ban.

1: #6 N25 - does well in showing "speed" and is also just such a great shot.
2: #13 Blast form the past - Teaches that "speed" is not always fast.
3: #12 Flying high - At least one picture showing someone getting high.

Great picture everyone. :thumbsup:

My watch in motion
Blast from the Past
Golf cart

1: #6 - N25
2: #13 - Blast from the past
3: #8 - Frozen flight

#12 - Flying high
#13 - Blast from the past
#8 - Frozen flight

BerserkerCatSplat, just a suggestion with this voting thing.

If someone was really bored enough, they could just tally up the points themselves and announce the winner early (you'd have to be a shit person to do that though) OR everyone could tally the points up and just find out the winner themselves, it kind of detracts from the suspense seeing what others have voted for.

I don't know if it'd piss you off getting lots of PM's but would it be better to have people PM you their votes (just like with Overheat's car threads)?

Take it or leave it, just a little suggestion :)

LOL. I was on this forum AFTER jasonchiu admitted that stuff so i never even knew he was claiming the GTR to be his own. There should be a finalgear forum history. It's all drama!!

Actually looking at my join date. i was here before that but still i never knew.

Well, I've given it some serious thought today. I pride myself in being a fair person willing to give second chances.

In this case, I'll have to make an exception on the whole "second chances" thing.

Carsightings was given ample warning by a user (other than myself) that it was known that the images were stolen. Aviv (Carsightings) made no effort to withdraw or change his entry, even after he was warned.

Therefore, I will be enforcing a permanent ban on Carsightings, as far as the contests go. As many of you expect, he will be barred from entering - however, I suspect I will not have to enforce that rule as he has made no effort to contact me to straighten things out. I have a feeling we won't be seeing him around the boards any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.