FinalGear invades the UK - 2016 Roadtrip

From someone actually not on the roadtrip:

Slight mishap with a rental
Bike without brakes
E39 clutch went after hauling a massive ego up a mountain

Please elaborate on the E39 bit.

Bobele and Geraldo.

Joe asked me to post: his rental Insignia hit a rock, blowing both tires on left side and fucking rims up. Currently still stranded because car supposed to help him has a puncture. :D

What the actual fuck? There were some incidents in the last roadtrips, but I don't remember that many incidents - or is that just a perception since I attended the last two roadtrips myself and just watch from a distance this time?

Let's see - what happened in 2014? Other than the Lipguna stripped it's cambelt and then crashed into a Dacia I can't remember anything. Last year we had a blown tire on the bat-scooter and the Swift emptied it's oil, both on the first day and the bat-scooter wasn't supposed to come to the north cape anyway, and my E46 had a failing headgasket in Norway which might have begun much earlier but I hadn't realized it then. Additionally, I'd say last year was much further to drive.

Just to make this clear, this roadtrip is awesome, the Daimler is delightful, the Scotland is the best, lake district is breathtaking, and everyone made it this far, and the rest of you should be here.

Roadtrip is awesome!

Quite a list of incidents so far oop north. *notbad.gif*

I'm very tempted to instant-join the mini-roadtrip and crash my S6 into Icebones A4 just to even the score a bit. :D

Last edited:
What the actual fuck? There were some incidents in the last roadtrips, but I don't remember that many incidents - or is that just a perception since I attended the last two roadtrips myself and just watch from a distance this time?

Let's see - what happened in 2014? Other than the Lipguna stripped it's cambelt and then crashed into a Dacia I can't remember anything. Last year we had a blown tire on the bat-scooter and the Swift emptied it's oil, both on the first day and the bat-scooter wasn't supposed to come to the north cape anyway, and my E46 had a failing headgasket in Norway which might have begun much earlier but I hadn't realized it then. Additionally, I'd say last year was much further to drive.

Well to be fair, this roadtrip is much harder on the cars (mountain roads) and remember three of the cars are not FinalGear maintained but "bought as seen" BRITISH maintained cars :p.

I can imagine roadtrip is awesome, I lived in UK and have done roadtrips in these areas myself, Lake district, Wales, Scotland, awesome scenery and great driving roads.

Some things, like the punctures, are also typical LHD->RHD road placement rookie problems. Should not have happened to the Kiwi, but...

Some things, like the punctures, are also typical LHD->RHD road placement rookie problems. Should not have happened to the Kiwi, but...

I was literally 10cm too far left and didn't go off the road, a gigantic spiked part of the hill was actually 30cm in the road. They could have chiseled it out in 15 minutes and made the corner properly, but this is England.

That's not how excuses work...

I have a better suggestion: "I went on minding my business as all of a sudden the sharp stone jumped in my way. I was only able to avoid a full head-on collision by steering away from it. I didn't have the time to do a go-around maneuvre so it was exactly the same as the sinking of the Titanic: It bumped again on the rear wheel so that has been destroyed as well." :p

I was literally 10cm too far left and didn't go off the road, a gigantic spiked part of the hill was actually 30cm in the road. They could have chiseled it out in 15 minutes and made the corner properly, but this is England.

The Romans made that road so blame the Italians.

According to public's social media thingees the Daimler is now leaking brake fluid.