FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on the team has an Xbox 360 and doesn't have a copy of Forza 3?

Last edited:
< saw EyeMWing's test tweet

Well, at least that part works?

Will the bumper cam be streaming somewhere during the race?

Last edited:
Will the bumper cam be streaming somewhere during the race?

The bumper cam is not what you think it is. It's a normal camera that gets bolted to the outside of the car and takes a picture every 15 seconds all day long. We will be setting up our own video cameras to capture race footage, but there's no way in hell we could do live streaming. A few times in the past one team has managed to set up a live streaming camera in the pits, but that's it. Getting live video from a car moving 80mph on a 2 mile track might be possible with enough high dollar equipment, but you're still left with no way to stream it because of the lack of internet.

500x_tunachuckers_pillarcam-500px.jpg

Where should I mount video camera 2? The main bulletcam will have the front 120 degrees, but I have a second camera on the PIP quad that can be placed elsewhere (Facing the rear, driver, on a pole facing downward like an rc car)..

Edit; Forgot I have 4 cameras available. Can capture all 4 at once, but in a 2x2 square.

Last edited:
Where should I mount video camera 2? The main bulletcam will have the front 120 degrees, but I have a second camera on the PIP quad that can be placed elsewhere (Facing the rear, driver, on a pole facing downward like an rc car)..

Edit; Forgot I have 4 cameras available. Can capture all 4 at once, but in a 2x2 square.

How are you planning on syncing the cameras? Common power switch?

Ultrak hardware quad(used for security surveillance). Takes 4video inputs, outputs one screen with a pip or 2x2 with 4cameras. So the recorder will get one feed with audio (all synced up).

Haha, yay! It's a time lapse of the race, then. w00t.

Real time, not time lapse. But the video from all cameras will be in perfect sync with the audio.

I meant the bumper cam = time lapse, not the regular cam. Bullet cam footage should be fun, too. :)

Last edited:
Ultrak hardware quad(used for security surveillance). Takes 4video inputs, outputs one screen with a pip or 2x2 with 4cameras. So the recorder will get one feed with audio (all synced up).

Awesome!

Just to be sure, you could use a film student clapperboard: Clap your hands once while visible for all four cameras (use a mirror if needed). That'll give you a cue to sync later.

Not required unless we have separate recorders.
Basically you have this;
149.jpg

With the cameras capturing different fields of view. There is no time-delay, or synchronizing issues, because each camera is overlayed onto a single video feed-- which goes to tape like a VCR records a TV show.

Last edited:
By coincidence I just ran across a thread on the LeMons forums about live streaming the race.

TrackGeeks_Chris said:
Maybe. I have no video crew this time and I'm driving for a team so that has to be my first priority. I'm bringing some video gear and if I can set up a camera and get some video going I will.

If I am able to get it going it will be at its usual location - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/24-hour-lemons-south

So there you go, all I can suggest is checking it out through the weekend and seeing if anything shows up. If it's anything like before the camera will just be pointed at a turn so it can get a good view of all cars driving by.

You just gotta love technology!!! :)

Obviously one front, one rear, one pointed at the driver, and one over-the-shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.