FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the car goes, yeah definitely a lot of cheap mods that can be done to that car. And definitely make that supercharger scream. It would be a sin if you kept it quiet :).
Right now it has a cone filter+stovepipe on the intake, and straight pipes after the cat+ubend... it's not exactly quiet. :p

We are going to need drivers&crew for the races. We will make a posting about it later on (once we get the car prepped).

I can change tires and do some basic stuff.

And, I can make a mean cup of coffee. ;) OK, I lied about the coffee, but I can order pizza better than anyone.

Would love to drive in one of these, but unless they award points for "Comedy Value"....:p

I just realized that in October I'll be in Pittsburgh.

Seeing as how Pittsburgh-Chicago is better than Shrewsbury-Chicago in both distance/travel time and travel price, I actually make it.

Obviously, I'll be there at the Chicago race if someone can pick me up from the train and drive me to the pits.

Are you guys accepting team members from the FG crew again? I'd love to help in any way that I could.

Right now it has a cone filter+stovepipe on the intake, and straight pipes after the cat+ubend... it's not exactly quiet. :p

LOUDER.

If you get to the point you'll be black-flagged on supercharger whine ALONE only then are you permitted to tone it down :p

I thoroughly approve of the car. Nice job finding it. :mrgreen:

If by some chance the donations are rethought though- get in touch, I'd be willing to throw some money in. I'd love to go to the race in Texas, but I'll be up in Paris that time of year at watchmaking school so on the wrong side of the state. If by some chance it works out though, I'd be up for a drive.

A Pontiac! :wub:

Now I haaaaaaave to find a way to get to the Texas one. Have to.

Good luck!

I'm in D-Fence's position, but a different, bigger Ocean :p

But best of luck for you guys and hopefully the meet is just awesome.

Curses, I was hoping Punisher Bass had it. :p

Are you guys in need of drivers?

And what exactly makes you think I'd let you anywhere near the car? :p Like I said, we're going to handle driver selection a bit differently to help avoid past mistakes, but that will be dealt with a little down the line.

You guys really have a good shot with that car.

A Texas LeMons team by the name of JB Weld has entered a 98 GP SE with the NA 3.8 and placed 6th and then 3rd in their last two races. So we have our sights aimed high.

I guess you would love to make this a 3800 meetup as well, wouldn't you Punisher Bass?

I'll be happy for anyone to show up and cheer us on, if they have the best engine ever made under their hood as well, then that's just gravy. :mrgreen:

I thoroughly approve of the car. Nice job finding it. :mrgreen:

We had been on the hunt for a GTP for the last several months, most of what we found were priced way too high, and the cheap ones had either been in a bad accident and/or had major mechanical issues. The stars aligned just right for us on this one.

This looks like an awful lot of fun, and I may well have nothing better to be doing at the time... but this will also most likely mean I won't have the cash to get there.
I do have something of a soft spot for crap cars - my old 205 would have come into the 'under $500' category, but only just, at least when I bought it. Probably more easily after my housemate had been using it and someone had tried to nick it, as it ended up with a non-matching passenger door and a drivers' door with an external lock bought from Homebase and attached with bolts and gorilla glue... and it was still enough fun to drive that other-housemate managed to convince one of his workmates that yes, he wanted to swap his wife's volvo 940 for it. Mmm, heated seats. :)

Alas, I also won't be able to make it due to ginormous geographical and aquatic separation. However, I wish you guys the best of luck with the racing and hope that whoever you get to do the driving doesn't totally suck :p

The car looks incredibly badass.

Edit: Ride, Pontiac, Ride!

Something just popped into my head: err on the side of caution and replace the timing chain.

Great pick for a car guys :)
LOVE the 3800's, i have a 95 SSEi, and i have a bunch of friends with SC 3800s and stuff. Worked on a lot of them

for mods and parts, i suggest intense-racing.com
if been there before, awesome guys and very smart.

ooo if you get rid of that U-bend it still help out quiet a bit. that things restricts so much flow.

My friend has a 01 GTP, put a 3.4" pulley, new PCM programming, FWi intense intake, 180*F T-stat, and wow what a difference that just made.:cool:

Something just popped into my head: err on the side of caution and replace the timing chain.
There are two serpentine belts, and both are getting replaced.

Bonus points if you find the funny in that photo.

Especially mislabeled ignition coils.

The timing chains on 3.8's have a reputation for lasting the life of the engine, but I believe Q will be taking a look at it when he pulls the serp system.

Great pick for a car guys :)
LOVE the 3800's, i have a 95 SSEi, and i have a bunch of friends with SC 3800s and stuff. Worked on a lot of them

for mods and parts, i suggest intense-racing.com
if been there before, awesome guys and very smart.

ooo if you get rid of that U-bend it still help out quiet a bit. that things restricts so much flow.

My friend has a 01 GTP, put a 3.4" pulley, new PCM programming, FWi intense intake, 180*F T-stat, and wow what a difference that just made.:cool:

Actually, major power increases are not our goal for this car. If LeMons has taught people anything it's that reliability and durability wins the race and not raw horsepower. In fact most cars that enter LeMons with souped up engines tend to not to even finish the race. There's also the $500 budget cap we have to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.