FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ADAC website can provide just that. Here's an example link for all current roadworks and webcams on the A1: http://www.adac.de/reise_freizeit/v...FxVAkBgNGxfNH1AX215rxwuZryoZkBLLJ0uNp1ANFC52p

It's always pretty current, so best to check it out a day or so before setting off, to avoid short-term roadworks that might have started as well as the big ones.

Http://maps.adac.de Click Verkehrsfluss :)
I just grabbed the Android App, you can un-check the "submit speed data" function. And it is free for ADAC members and T-Mobile customers btw :)

Which made me rage instantly :p

:lol:

It wouldn't be Germany if there wasn't some sort of renovation, construction or something to inconvenience road users :p This also applies to tourist attractions.

Even my tiny-ass-barely-two-way street has had all sorts of construction and maintenance work since I got here in May. And as far as I'm concerned, it looked fine when I got here, but apparently they're going to be putting some cables down. I think Germans just like construction work. :p

/Zis is typical Cherman

You haven't seen the roads in my broke-ass region... I'd love to see roadworks fix them. Lots.

Oh yeah, they're more than happy to tear up perfectly good roads again and again to put in cables or pipes, but if a road actually looks like the moon's surface it'll never be touched by construction equipment. /rant

And the big autobahn construction sites are mainly parking spaces for bits of large and expensive machinery.

if a road actually looks like the moon's surface it'll never be touched by construction equipment. /rant
I can actually imagine which road you refer to... :D :( (and that's why I prefer the new road they built, it's a little longer, but not slower).

I really think that roadbuilding thing was the absolute best piece of consumer advice that top gear ever came up with.

Roadworks on the Autobahns are really annoying the hell out of me... I regularly have to drive on what under the normal circumstances is the best piece of road in the world: A5 from Frankfurt to Darmstadt, almost 20km of dead-straight, 4-lane-per-direction, unlimited autobahn. And guess what: it's been one huge piece of roadworks for more than two years now, 80km/h speed limit on one side, 100km/h on the other, and cameras put up regularly. They're not going to finish it until mid-2012.

Roadworks on the Autobahns are really annoying the hell out of me... I regularly have to drive on what under the normal circumstances is the best piece of road in the world: A5 from Frankfurt to Darmstadt, almost 20km of dead-straight, 4-lane-per-direction, unlimited autobahn. And guess what: it's been one huge piece of roadworks for more than two years now, 80km/h speed limit on one side, 100km/h on the other, and cameras put up regularly. They're not going to finish it until mid-2012.

The gub'ment claims to have that 10km stretch of dead-straight road renewed by September 30th, 2011 :blink:

Also, Google appears to have enabled traffic reports for Germany by now: http://maps.google.de/?ll=51.645294,11.403809&spn=6.696873,16.907959&t=h&z=7&layer=t

The gub'ment claims to have that 10km stretch of dead-straight road renewed by September 30th, 2011 :blink:

No freaking way. One side is paved all right, but they still have to do the markings there; and the other half is pretty much completely dug up.

And, well, ok, the really dead-straight bit is "only" 10.5km long, but it's still 4-lane and unlimited through the (very slight) curves on both ends, and counting the bits up until the airport on one side and Darmstadt city on the other side, it's closer to 20km in total :)

Oh screw you, 80 and 100! Over here they decided every roadworks best is limited to 60. Especially fun at night, Bochum-Essen 3 Lane Autobahn, 60. Fuck off, not doing that.

So, since D-Fence's car will be full (apparently) and swekkie isn't coming by car, I need a northern German to bring me a case of Rotlicht Astra (chilled). :p

So, since D-Fence's car will be full (apparently) and swekkie isn't coming by car, I need a northern German to bring me a case of Rotlicht Astra (chilled). :p

IF I make it I could carry several cases. Chill level depends on ambient temperature :tease:
A random search shows 11? plus a few ? deposit for a 27 bottle case.

Tiny car, don't want to carry a case of beer around extra :p

IF I make it I could carry several cases. Chill level depends on ambient temperature :tease:
A random search shows 11? plus a few ? deposit for a 27 bottle case.
27 bottles for 11 euro? :eek: I'll take a dozen! Nah, just kidding, 2 will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.