FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I'm due to arrive in England August 4th so hopefully I'll be settled in enough to make it to the meet this year. :cool:

Awesome.

Assuming I can scrape together the funds and find a willing passenger to share costs (and if the 'Ring Regulars feel I would be welcome) then I'll do my best to get there.

I might take you up on that offer if I can't secure an automobile by the time the meet starts.

Hi I'm new to this site here :D I would really like to come to the Ringmeet with my GTI. are there any chances that the Date will/can be moved.
Cause at that time @ my Home City is the annual Hill Climb race http://www.berg-meisterschaft.de/index.php/veranstaltungen/osnabrueck.htmll I would also like to Visit
Well, at that Sunday there is the ADAC Charity Challenge in northern Germany, too, but I will attend the Ringmeet since it's way cooler. No matter what date, there is always some event anywhere else, so someone always has to choose between events. Besides that, do you really think we will change the date because of someone who just joined the forums? ;)

I'm due to arrive in England August 4th so hopefully I'll be settled in enough to make it to the meet this year. :cool:
That would be awesome. :)

No matter what date, there is always some event anywhere else, so someone always has to choose between events.

I don?t know how many of you are planning to attend the main event at the GP track this time, but if you are, there is really not much choosing to be done. I?ve been to the OGP 3 times now, and I?ve never been to any motorsports event that was better.

Well, at that Sunday there is the ADAC Charity Challenge in northern Germany, too, but I will attend the Ringmeet since it's way cooler. No matter what date, there is always some event anywhere else, so someone always has to choose between events. Besides that, do you really think we will change the date because of someone who just joined the forums? ;)

Nah wasn't thinking that you will extra change the Date for me :p, just was hoping to get there ^^. Maybe another time. Don't fancy Camping that much either :D

Maybe we should plan a drag-race for KaJuN?

I don?t know how many of you are planning to attend the main event at the GP track this time, but if you are, there is really not much choosing to be done. I?ve been to the OGP 3 times now, and I?ve never been to any motorsports event that was better.

I definitely intend to go there.

Reactions: MWF
I don't see a chance in hell that we'll move a meet with several members from other continents in attendence.

Be easy on me, I'm a Newb :p. Was problably a dumb question.

Maybe we should plan a drag-race for KaJuN?

Oh really? Just because I'm an American you assume I enjoy short, straight races that are over in a few seconds and often end with at least half of the contenders not even completing the race due to blowing up at the starting line? :rolleyes:

Wait...drag-race. Ohhhhhhhh! :lol:

Oh really? Just because I'm an American you assume I enjoy short, straight races that are over in a few seconds and often end with at least half of the contenders not even completing the race due to blowing up at the starting line? :rolleyes:

Wait...drag-race. Ohhhhhhhh! :lol:

:lmao:

I'm hopeful I can make it, so I'll be coming down from north(ish) England if anyone wants to car share.

Looks like this years meet is a must-attend!
I was talking to a friend, he's interested in going, yo maybe I'll be going with the car! :)

What's the deal with camping, do you guys make reservations for a bigger site (for all of us) or do we have to make individual reservations?
Should I read some older threads? And that race, how much are the tickets?

And that race, how much are the tickets?
Well it?s not exactly cheap. 38? per day or 58? for the whole weekend, according to the AVD site. But there is a considerable amount of epic cars to see.

Well it?s not exactly cheap. 38? per day or 58? for the whole weekend, according to the AVD site. But there is a considerable amount of epic cars to see.

So worth it with other words?

Very much so. The stuff we saw on the ring-entrance last year without tickets was worth the 38 EUR, and according to Ford the real epic stuff didn't even turn up there. If it's anything like the Eifelrennen I went to in 2009, you need to bring lots of clean underwear.

The stuff we saw on the ring-entrance last year without tickets was worth the 38 EUR, and according to Ford the real epic stuff didn't even turn up there.
Well apart from the (I think) two races that were on the Nordschleife in the morning, the stuff you saw was all road legal. That pretty much says it all I think. :|

Just as a rough idea:
[video=youtube;m-GC4a6E_bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-GC4a6E_bY[/video]

It?s a real shame that most of the stuff on sunday got canceled because of the rain...

Where did you see those? I thought you meant the guys that turned up at the zufahrt to show off their cars. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.