FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I?m home safe as well. Made it here in 3.5 hours, thank god for the A3.

It was fun meeting you guys! Sorry to everyone that wanted to come along for a lap but didn?t end up getting a go, but the eifel weather and my rear brakes failing prematurely once again resulted in only 20 laps this weekend.

I probably warped my front discs and my rear drums are acting up too :/ (Can we keep the discussion in the other thread pleaaaase?) ;)

The other thread made my browser crash. And I?m too tired to try again. :)

Anyway, I go sleep, good night.

So its 1am ish, Matt just left and I'm now going to bed. I haven't even begun to unpack the car yet - simply quietly return it to the driveway without waking the parents. This involved stalling and waking the dogs up, so a total failure :lol:

Can't wait to see your lap, Adrian! You're a brave man to attack the wet Ring... :p

Last edited:
So its 1am ish, Matt just left and I'm now going to bed.
I'm pleased to say that I have arrived in one piece thanks mainly to the Coke (the drink, duh), chilli Doritos and getting the Land Rover up to 65 on the motorway. :lol:

It was a brilliant weekend, looking forward to going through the photos tomorrow after lots of sleeps.

Last edited:
I?m home safe as well. Made it here in 3.5 hours, thank god for the A3.

It was fun meeting you guys! Sorry to everyone that wanted to come along for a lap but didn?t end up getting a go, but the eifel weather and my rear brakes failing prematurely once again resulted in only 20 laps this weekend.
Only 20 laps ;)

The other thread made my browser crash. And I?m too tired to try again. :)

At first mine kept crashing, too. Must have something to do with the picture client some use, because it only happens in these Ringmeet threads. I then reduced the number of posts to 10 per page and now it works.

Try that.

At first mine kept crashing, too. Must have something to do with the picture client some use, because it only happens in these Ringmeet threads. I then reduced the number of posts to 10 per page and now it works.

Try that.

I just doubled my RAM, opens fine without reducing post count per page :tease:

I've never experienced anything like that in such threads. Random crashes, yes, but very rarely, and the browser sometimes doesn't react anymore when I try to open two of those pages at a time, but it always recovers from that state. That said, I use Opera so it might be a different story with that funny browser named Firefox or whatever you use. :p

Well this morning I could open it fine, it just took a bit longer. Dunno what happened. Maybe my computer was just confused due to being woken up at 1am after 3 days of sleep. And while I realise that that?s utter nonsense, it seems like the most fun explanation to me. :)

I just doubled my RAM, opens fine without reducing post count per page :tease:

I don't think that a few megabytes of pictures will bring my 2 Gigs of RAM to the limit. There must be a different reason than hardware.

I also use the latest Firefox, btw.

Anyway...

Last edited:
I think you underestimate the effect showing a picture has on your memory consumption. It doesn't take up the couple megs of jpeg, but a couple megs EACH of uncompressed image data.

I am as rubbish with PC technology, as with car technology, it seems :D

Me and Speedtouch have made it to Dunkirk after wafting across Europe. Almost got a ferry 4 hours before the one we're booked on but just missed it. We're still on an early ferry though, seems like you can turn up whenever you like.

Missed it? You didn't try to jump onto it a la Clarkson? I'm disgusted with the level of commitment (says a chap who couldn't even be arsed to go*).

You're a brave man to attack the wet Ring... :p
*boggle*

* But I'm sick! I'm sick! So that's okay, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.