FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you could add me to a "maybe" list. I am thinking of getting on the same plane as Galantti. The trouble is that the plane leaves quite early from town 300km away from the town where I live. And since the flight is on Friday I dunno if I can get a day off work.

Same here, only that it's 600km.

edit: Make it likely, I can stay the nights at my sisters. Now I only have to work out how to get to Helsinki and back.

Last edited:
Put me on the confirmed-list and swek on the "high probability"-list, we already talked about it and if everything works I'll pick him up in Hamburg.

I guess you could add me to a "maybe" list. I am thinking of getting on the same plane as Galantti. The trouble is that the plane leaves quite early from town 300km away from the town where I live. And since the flight is on Friday I dunno if I can get a day off work.

There is other flights leaving 7pm too on friday, thought i don't think you'd get much ride @ 9pm @ frankfurt.
As for saturday flights, eighter the same time as friday flight @ 170eur price :p
or later with even more price.
Any night trains you could get? could pick you @ tikkurila. on friday?

The reason i did pick the earlier flight is based on when thomas wants to be @ airport (also more time to see the ring before the meet begins etc).

Call in sick and stay at Galantti's overnight. Easy.

don't think my mom would not appreciate that :D

On my ride is as much room as there is in any 1-series. I dont plan on bringing a shitton of stuff, neither does G (I hope). :D

Since there seem to be a few people from really far away this time: Just remember that going on the track in a rental is a REALLY bad idea. And if you want to get a car from one of the ringtool-rental places it?s a good idea to book it well in advance. OGP is a very busy weekend, and it really sucks to go all the way there and not go round.

Higher probability than last year, but still put me under "Likely". Will be doing the trip in the Sapporo if anything.

Edit: August is worse for me than July, but we'll see :)

Last edited:
Add "hotelfag" to my entry.

Add "hotelfag" to my entry.

If I make it I'll be a hotelfag as well, it'd probably be leave some time Friday, sleep somewhere, arrive Saturday morning, head back late Saturday, hopefully sleep at home, go sailing for three weeks from Sunday :lol:

Yeah, I'm considering hotelfaggotry as well. Maybe even in combination with taking the bike. :think: :dunno:

I was supposed to go with a friend in my car, but yesterday he canceled, so I'm back to my bike.
I won't know anything for sure until maybe a week before the meet, what with financing and my job etc.

But anyways, anyone know of a good-ish, cheap-ish hotel or pension somewhere around Munich, since this is
half way for me. I'd be doing 500km a day.

And how much for the hotelfaggotry at the ring? I'm fine with camping too, just have to get some gear, at least
a bag, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd really like to come yeah - would be interesting to know the difference between hotel and camping. The fact that us Ukanians have to pay a fucktonne to cross the channel doesn't help. I must say I'd probably sleep in the car anyway (definitely would if I bring the Kangoo :p).

I do believe I've set aside this summer for travelling though - I've got the Bratislava trip late July, which is a definite, then this: The only issue is if I literally just run out of money :(

And to those Ukanians/those in Ukania: My Kentish home is only a 30min train journey outside London, and is in a position that means you would be most likely to drive past it on the way to Folkstone or Dover. Anyone who would be willing to cost cut is much more than welcome :)

Last edited:
Haha yeah. If I sell it in early August then funds will be much better and coming will not be a problem (although in the Kangoo). It would be so much nicer to come in the Saab though, or would people rather see the Kan-do? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.