FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I avoided getting killed by a flat tyre on the Autobahn yesterday -- which means I can still come to the Ringmeet. Yay! :)

:clap:

In other news, 50 pages without any form of meeting happening yet, new record? Smashed last year's thread with more than double the pages.

Damn, that's expensive!

By the way, what's the situation of the construction sites of autobahns? Is A1 finished or is it better to take the A7/A2 route?

The A1 from Hamburg to Bremen is still pretty much a big construction site so A7 and A2 is much better. It's just 10 km longer anyway.

That's a good question. Is there a website that shows the current roadworks locations? I don't want to get stuck in traffic for an hour again like I'm prone to on my trips to Germany...

That's a good question. Is there a website that shows the current roadworks locations? I don't want to get stuck in traffic for an hour again like I'm prone to on my trips to Germany...

The ADAC website can provide just that. Here's an example link for all current roadworks and webcams on the A1: http://www.adac.de/reise_freizeit/v...FxVAkBgNGxfNH1AX215rxwuZryoZkBLLJ0uNp1ANFC52p

It's always pretty current, so best to check it out a day or so before setting off, to avoid short-term roadworks that might have started as well as the big ones.

They (adac) also have an app for my stupid apple-phone now, apparently it?s free for members. Anybody have any experience regarding it?s usefulness?

They (adac) also have an app for my stupid apple-phone now, apparently it?s free for members. Anybody have any experience regarding it?s usefulness?
I'm a member and I've used the app on my Android quite a lot. It's very battery-consuming, since it attempts to recognize traffic jams by comparing GPS speeds of its users as they drive along in addition to listening in on official traffic reports - but it works really well, you get very current traffic reports with it.

Yeah, D-Fence already gave me a link to that, it's quite nice, although since I don't want to get raped by my provider, the most current I'll be able to get that information would be before I set off. Hope that's good enough.

I'm a member and I've used the app on my Android quite a lot. It's very battery-consuming, since it attempts to recognize traffic jams by comparing GPS speeds of its users as they drive along in addition to listening in on official traffic reports - but it works really well, you get very current traffic reports with it.

google maps does the same thing for traffic data, at least in the US. I just keep the phone plugged into a charger whenever it's in the car and it becomes the most useful car device ever :D

Status
Not open for further replies.