FinalGear Ringmeet 2012: July 27 - 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preparations are well under way for Ringmeet. I got the car a hat that can double as a bed. I have also acquired some strange money that the nice man said would work in Germany.

View attachment 7450

I actually just drove through town like that :p Onwards to Germany at 20mph!

If the Kangoo is going to the Ring with that on the roof then I will be bringing a stack of paper bags with eyeholes cut in them. Even if the odds of me being spotted by someone who knows me are astronomically small it isn't a chance I am prepared to take.

I purposely ignored both your hitler and topgear reference. :p

@Matt: If you do a passenger lap in the Kangoo while wearing a brown paper bag with eyeholes I will donate you one of Ice's beers. :D

I purposely ignored both your hitler and topgear reference. :p

@Matt: If you do a passenger lap in the Kangoo while wearing a brown paper bag with eyeholes I will donate you one of Ice's beers. :D

Dude, you know you don't have to ask twice.

Although a lap in the Kangoo will probably mean I need one without eye holes in which to blow chunks!!!

This paper bag lap had better be filmed or at least photo'd, otherwise I'm going to write you all a nasty letter and I don't care if you don't read it. :p

As long as he doesn't get caught speeding around the Ring with a paper bag over his head, everything is still within normal Ring madness :)

Well, as he would be driving a wrong-hand-drive car he would be blurred out automatically if he gets photographed. That won't help if the police stops you, just for info. ;)

Real life writes better stories anyway ;)

Yeah... mistook you for a brit. Need to learn to read...

I have only been in Germany for almost 3 months, I was in England before that :)

So when is everyone arriving on Friday?

Also, for the hotel-staying people: do you first check into the hotel, or do you go straight to the campsite? Can one drive onto the campsite at all if one isn't staying there?

Can one drive onto the campsite at all if one isn't staying there?
I think we'll be on the "outer" area, no need to drive around any barriers. In fact: Go under the bridge, then turn left onto the grass, and come to a halt before dropping your vehincle into the river.

^ Alternatively if your car needs a wash and you'd like to appear in the Idiots + Cars thread...

Yeah... mistook you for a brit. Need to learn to read...

And why would we be on a ferry now anyway...? :p 8am is our ferry.

Oh shit!

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Nurburg+GMRP0402:1:GM

Glad I decided to go and buy my own tent - ?30 for a 2 man, double skinned one from Halfords. Guy behind me asked the assistant "Can I have a headlight bulb for a Vauxhall Corsa?"

It would have been a missed opportunity to have refrained from saying "Sounds like a fair swap!"

The weather forecast say there won't be rain until Friday evening, so at least arriving and building up the tents should happen in the dry. And then it's not all rain and thunder all weekend but only in periods.

We will see. I will both bring an umbrella and sun lotion.

So when is everyone arriving on Friday?

Also, for the hotel-staying people: do you first check into the hotel, or do you go straight to the campsite? Can one drive onto the campsite at all if one isn't staying there?

I'm planning to arrive at 13:00 at the hotel, check in and then arrive at the camping site some time between 13:00 and 14:00.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.