Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

#prayforIvan
#Allslavsmatter

What the fuck, man?

Hey, I can't attend two years in a row, it's unnatural :D

I said probably...money will be tight, got a bunch of expensive crap coming up in september. And since you guys won't let me sell my bike.. :D

#prayforIvan
#Allslavsmatter

:lol::p

Dunno about Igor, if he will be representing The Slavs

Well, I've kinda neglected this topic for too long. I shall be posting some more information in the first post of this thread, and my plans for ringmeet have finally crystallised. Watch this space: ' '. Or another. Maybe this space is more exciting: ' '

If someone in the states wanted to attend ring meet next year, would 2500 bucks be too much or too little to save toward going?

Looking at this from a Europeeeeean perspective (i.e. if I were to want to go to the US), 2.500$ should be able to provide a nice holiday of a few weeks no problem :thumbsup:

Huh? I'll fly to the West Coast of your continent and back for ?1,100 this summer... shouldn't New York to Frankfurt be cheaper?

Apart from the flights, Ringmeet itself is cheap as it's basically a weekend of camping and a non-fancy dinner on Saturday. But I recommend extending your stay to a proper vacation, because coming over just for Ringmeet seems a bit pointless. So it depends on what you want to do...

Huh? I'll fly to the West Coast of your continent and back for ?1,100 this summer... shouldn't New York to Frankfurt be cheaper?

In many cases, US-EU-US flights are way more expensive than EU-US-EU flights... though currently, BWI or PHL to FRA round-trip is reasonably priced at 700-800?.

For 800ish you get PHL-FRA non-stop :)

Last edited:
Brazil-Denmark-Brazil costs me around 1,000USD. Flights inside Europe are stupid cheap and you could go by train if you want to enjoy the scenery.
I would expect you to be able to find something at least this cheap.

Did some preliminary, cancellable bookings for my own approach to Ringmeet. This means my plan is the following:

Aug 4: P?rnu, Estonia
Aug 5: Riga, Latvia (200km drive)
Aug 6: Marijampole, Lithuania (322km drive)
Aug 7: Warsaw, Poland (348km drive)
Aug 8: Berlin or thereabouts (572km drive)
Aug 9: Hannover or thereabouts (286km drive)
Aug 10: Altenahr (350km drive)

The schedule runs as thus, as I have work deadlines stretching into August, making it difficult to start earlier. I also haven't yet decided the route I'd take back, whether I'd like to return via Sweden (ooh, all the way up the coast would be nice) or take a boring and expensive ferry ride back. But the first bookings are there, and my current plan is to do the entire freaking thing with the Polo. I've done a lot of 500km drives in it and it's proven to be very reliable.

On the way back you can always stop by my place in Hamburg, I have more than enough space even if five Finns decide to stay here. :)

There was a good Polo junkyard close by, and I'd rather bring home spectacularly useable parts than only beer :lol:

Man, I wanna go so bad.

If all else fails, the shirts could be Sir Puffalump Not Appearing In This Ringmeet. :lol:

:cry:

So how far is the planning? Campsite reserved? Tents reserved? Cooling trailer again this year? How much money must we throw at Thomas?

Did some preliminary, cancellable bookings for my own approach to Ringmeet. This means my plan is the following:

Aug 4: P?rnu, Estonia
Aug 5: Riga, Latvia (200km drive)
Aug 6: Marijampole, Lithuania (322km drive)
Aug 7: Warsaw, Poland (348km drive)
Aug 8: Berlin or thereabouts (572km drive)
Aug 9: Hannover or thereabouts (286km drive)
Aug 10: Altenahr (350km drive)

The schedule runs as thus, as I have work deadlines stretching into August, making it difficult to start earlier. I also haven't yet decided the route I'd take back, whether I'd like to return via Sweden (ooh, all the way up the coast would be nice) or take a boring and expensive ferry ride back. But the first bookings are there, and my current plan is to do the entire freaking thing with the Polo. I've done a lot of 500km drives in it and it's proven to be very reliable.

I'm spending time looking at maps, and what I would want to do after the meet ? pending the car is still in one functioning piece ? would be to spend some days driving through East Germany to Berlin, and to the Travem?nde ferry from there, instead of driving directly to the ferry in a big hurry. Non-autobahn driving probably suits the car (and its occupants) so much better after such a long drive. It's 1000km to Travem?nde via an Eastern route.