Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

Mi16 is for a later year, I think the Polo is in a sweet spot now :)

I am looking forward to meeting said Polo.

I have updated the first post with more info.

Regarding the plans for activities mentioned there, I'm probably doing things a bit different this year, since I'm bringing the rest of the family as well. This means that I'll probably do a little less of the standing around kind, and more touristy trip thingies.

I imagine we will be up for tourist type thingies as well.

The Awards will take place as usual on the Saturday night however they will be fewer and the ceremony will be shorter because a) collating what could be around 1000 votes is a royal pain in the arse, and b) this being the 10th Anniversary Ringmeet I have something new, original and somewhat surprising to end the proceedings to mark the occasion.

I will make a separate thread in time so that regular Ringmeeters can vote for which past categories should be included in a maximum list of ten and suggest any new ones that might spice things up a little.

And I am not, repeat NOT, to be allowed anywhere near a grill on Friday night. While I don't mind being Grillhauptmeister I think I've done enough over the last few Meets to earn a year off. If nobody else is willing to step up/in then I guess we are getting a fleet of mopeds to bring us pizzas from Adenau.

I have something new, original and somewhat surprising to end the proceedings to mark the occasion.

As long as you don't forget to hand out awards people spent time and effort to build again.... :shakefist::shakefist::shakefist: - still not forgiving that one.

Reactions: MWF
Crack? Meth? If a certain Brazilian is coming again, can he smuggle in some Peyote?

Crack? Meth? If a certain Brazilian is coming again, can he smuggle in some Peyote?

:lol:

Get your stereotypes right!

gaasc would be closer to the source. :p

As long as you don't forget to hand out awards people spent time and effort to build again.... :shakefist::shakefist::shakefist: - still not forgiving that one.

Another reason for not letting the thing get out of hand - trust me it's a lot to remember and deal with at the time.

You're more than welcome to pick up the baton for the Awards 2018 - not blowing sunshine up your bum but I genuinely think you'd do a great job and the assembled company would appreciate a change of compere.

We're gonna need more alcohol...

Well you live in the lands of Travi and Rakija so.....

I think we need something heavier.

Well you live in the land of floaty green stuff so.....

Shall I bring Scotch again? :D

Does the Pope wear Reeboks? ;)

I might have to increase the number of cacha?a bottles...

This question isn't necessarily specific to this year, but does anyone usually leave Ringmeet to go through Frankfurt? I'm namely asking what my odds would be of hitching a ride to FRA. Relatedly, what about on the way to the Ringmeet?

That is exactly what I've done previously. If you keep in touch with people's plans, or let others know of your plans, there will likely be some overlap where you can jump in with someone, or someone will be willing to come out and get you, if they want a change from standing around doing nothing.

Also, wrong year listed in first post. 2017, not 2016....

Last edited: