Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

This question isn't necessarily specific to this year, but does anyone usually leave Ringmeet to go through Frankfurt? I'm namely asking what my odds would be of hitching a ride to FRA. Relatedly, what about on the way to the Ringmeet?
The people coming from the south usually pass Frankfurt airport on their way. Similarly the people from the North pass Cologne airport and D?sseldorf is a very small detour.
So that's no problem. Also, a regional train from FRA to a station about half an hour from the Ringmeet site is less than ?50, if your flight schedule is too inconvenient to have someone pick you up at the airport directly.

This question isn't necessarily specific to this year, but does anyone usually leave Ringmeet to go through Frankfurt? I'm namely asking what my odds would be of hitching a ride to FRA. Relatedly, what about on the way to the Ringmeet?

I should pass Frankfurt Airport directly heading south. Going up is still unclear due to roadtrippery. Then again, depends if I run with a passenger or not (Convertible)

nicjasno and I will be passing through Frankfurt on our way down too.

Also, a regional train from FRA to a station about half an hour from the Ringmeet site is less than ?50, if your flight schedule is too inconvenient to have someone pick you up at the airport directly.

To add to that, by booking early you can usually get tickets for 19-29? at the expense of losing the flexibility to take a different train. Given that your flight isn't flexible either that's a small price to pay.

Frankfurt is about 2 - 2.5 hours drive from the ring - I am sure something can be arranged, if not you can be easily delivered to a train station - The fast train takes about 50 minutes from Siegburg to Frankfurt and will cost ?20 - ?70 or so (Depending on when you book)

So, do not panic about getting to Frankfurt from the 'ring or vice versa!

People have made trips to Fraport and back or detours on their way to RIngmeet or home just to pick up people before...

Exactly, so it's really no issue, just keep everyone informed about plans and a solution will be found!

Altoid, just book the bloody flights already! This is Ringmeet we're talking about, and the collective shall not leave you stranded, we assure you.

We are the B.O.R.G.*, you will be assimilated. Ringlaps are futile. Probably.

*Brotherhood Of Ringmeet Geeks.

People have made trips to Fraport and back or detours on their way to RIngmeet or home just to pick up people before...

yes this plan is nice, but i wonder who would do that :eek:

also prolly flying it yet again, since nobody in our team has fixed holidays now :/

edit. for some reason "reply with quote" didn't work the first time

Last edited:
also prolly flying it yet again, since nobody in our team has fixed holidays now :/

It isn't a first come first serve basis?... That's how it works here, if you book your holidays for August in January there is likely no conflict.

So has anyone started the spreadsheet with confirmed and possible attendees yet?

I do have a particular reason for needing to know a few weeks in advance who will definitely be there and which previous attendees/regulars won't be able to make it this year.

Have faith, my friend. We know when it happens and where.

And since I assume thomas won't be willing to collect from everyone in cash at the Ringmeet, the list will have to pop up here soon enough ;)

Well, current list looks rather short, but it always does initially.. and again, I only went by activity in this thread or I am just presuming attendance, and am at best guessing the timespan and whether hotel or camping...

Camping:
- thomas, thu-mon, car
- MXM, thu-mon, no-car
- Adu, thu-mon, car, +1
- nicjasno, thu-mon, car
- Ice, thu-mon, car
- Eye-Q, thu-mon, car
- MWF, thu-mon, car, +1
- Adamar, thu-sun, car
- Galantti, thu-mon, car
- TobiasG, thu-mon, car
- gt1750, thu-mon, car
- Matt2000, thu-mon, no car
- Der Stig, thu-mon, bike
- Der +1 Stig, thu-mon, bike
- DaHitch, thu-mon, car/bike/both
- eizb?r, fri-sun, car
- mgkdk, thu-sun, car
- Terrex, thu-mon, car
- Bobele, thu-sun, car
- KaBoon, fri-mon, car

hotel
- Dr_Grip
- MacGuffin
- DanRoM
- public
- D-Fence
- Loose_Unit
- leviathan
- Taneli (yes, I don't even remember his forum nick :D (and no, I won't edit it in :p ))
- DaBoom
- altoid

maybe
- Mitchi
- narf
- Misrabelle
- Alok

Feel free to correct me.

Just to confirm what we'll do/have again:
- 2 big tents combined with the bench/table-trailer
- The Frailer? ft. Clodoor
- Restaurant Wurstkessel reserved for Saturday evening (apr. 19:00)
- the general awesomeness that are Viktoria herself and her family, primarily Christoph, which most people probbly know as the guy with the truck that can make things happen and has whatever we need :D

And for everybody itching to pay: Same prices as the past few years, and the payment details haven't changed either. So if you are staying the same timespan and car/no car etc as every year, just go look what you paid before. Same goes for the hotel people. Of course I am not stopping anyone from paying more. There will always be a use for more money. Last years Ringmeet didn't leave much behind, so I am hoping for just as many people attending again this year. So the full on "PAY ME! NOW!!!" post will be just a little bit later down the road when I can be fairly sure, how many people we have. Because if it is just like 25, I might have to add a buck or two per head, to cover the base cost of i.e. the trailer.

Last edited:
I'll do thu - mon as well, not just thu - sun, but car is correct. :)

- Taneli (yes, I don't even remember his forum nick :D)

:p Anyways I would probably be flying in to FRAport, so anyone passing by.. (I still need to book the flights)