FinalGear stickers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about it, and I think I might put an FG vinyl on the outside of my car if the clings weren't available.

I'd put a window sticker on the Kangoo, but no vinyls.

I'm game for either.

How about Bill Stickers? I heard he's innocent and all.

That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that he shit all over my car last time he was near it.

I've been thinking about making the full logo in black cut vinyl to put on my hood just above the head-light. I work at a sign shop so I'll probablly make one once I get around to it.

To answers some possible questions;

I'd put a window sticker on the Kangoo, but no vinyls.

All "stickers" are basically vinyl expect for static cling which uses no glue.

Yes, printed static cling would probably be the most expensive but would be removable/reuseable and clear where not printed and would more than likely be a rectangle. Can be printed to allow placement inside or outside although I don't know why anyone would put static cling outside.

Printed non static cling one time use would just look stupid and basically be a bumper sticker that no one wants.

Edge Print: Edge print takes a any sort of vinyl that you would normally plot (cut) from and uses a machine to over-lay other colors on top of that base, achieving an effect similar to printing. This means for example that you could take clear vinyl as your base and edge the logo on in whatever color or colors you want. Once thats done since its cut vinyl it would then go on the plotter and be cut out in an outline of the logo so that it could be all in one piece but not a rectangle like static cling. Then of course if you went to peel it you would have one piece instead of many letters like normal cut vinyl. Could also be mirrored to be placed inside or out. If you are real careful in peeling and the vinyl is warm when doing its maybe possible to reuse but in general its one time use. I'm not too sure the pricing difference between this and cling.

Cut: Cut vinyl would be cheapest and would look the best. 'Cut' meaning cut off a plotter so that its only the logo/text and applied via application tape, slap on car, peal off tape. One time use of course, best idea for tinted windows. Easy to peel off if let to warm in the sun. Also generally would be one color. Normal Black or white vinyls would be cheapest. Things like reflectives, gold, matte, brushed alluminums, etc are more $$$.

IMHO the best over all option would be a low-tac cut white vinyl (to show on tinted or untinted windows). Low tac means slightly less sticky so easier to peel. I'm not sure if the price is different between it and normal. I work production and some graphic design when needed, I don't do sales. All our vinyl is either 3M or Avery iirc.

Last edited:
Therefore they would most likely have to be waterproof, unlike the "Student of the stig" stickers handed out with merch at Top Gear live in Sydney :(

Hahaha, that happened to mine also. Bit of a shame, only got the one.
I'd been keen for a couple of window ones.

Also +rep for having the same car as me. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you AutoAero for clearing things up...

So, there seem to be a lot of people interested...are we doing this or what?

Maybe graphic design people can post some designs, and we can choose what we want best, and how we want it made. (cling on, sticker etc.)

But who would do it...Quiky?

I went ahead and had some numbers crunched at work and it turns out the price between static cling vs normal cut vinyl isn't much different. So hopefully where ever its decided to get them, if anything, made it'll be similar.

And Quiky, if you would like to see some actual dollar amounts I can PM you them.

I went ahead and had some numbers crunched at work and it turns out the price between static cling vs normal cut vinyl isn't much different. So hopefully where ever its decided to get them, if anything, made it'll be similar.

And Quiky, if you would like to see some actual dollar amounts I can PM you them.
Send me a PM with the details please.

I don't know if this is still going, but I want in if it is.

me three... should go well with the "Kyan on the road" sticker I ordered :)

Quiky came up with the idea of Dunsfold Aerodrome Parking Permits, so...

dunsfold_parking.png
dunsfold_parking2.png

These are just rough concepts, more text would go on and the shapes will be worked on more. The left one is more of a proper parking permit, but I like the left one more.

Last edited:
*WANT*

I love the last one you posted, with the track highlighted.

I don't like the "write stuff in" ones though (the first one), because I tend to screw them up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.