Finally: 2001 Jaguar XKR coupe.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
13,783
Location
Boston, MA, USA
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3
Just replaced the rather torn up leather and wood steering wheel with an all-leather one from an XJ8, and also got a pretty good armrest from that same parts car to replace the busted one in the XKR. The XJ8 armrest is a bit more padded than the XKR one and rubs up a bit against the seat, so hopefully it won't be noisy over time. Also it looks like my old busted steering wheel had an AEK (sable) color code according to the sticker inside, rather than the AGE (antelope) color that the AGD (oatmeal) interior is supposed to be paired with. Weird.
 

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
13,783
Location
Boston, MA, USA
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3
Finally got a vid of the new exhaust note (center muffler and rear resonator delete)
[video=youtube;QQ7-tbaTck4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7-tbaTck4[/video]
Now need to hunt down an oil leak that makes it smell like something rubber is burning in the engine compartment; probably a valve cover gasket.
 

loose_unit

Well-Known Member
DONOR
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
1,690
Location
Germany, 57.7km from The Ring
Car(s)
Zastava, MX-5, M140i, Pluriel, Equus
Labcoatguy;n3554444 said:
Finally got a vid of the new exhaust note (center muffler and rear resonator delete)
[video=youtube;QQ7-tbaTck4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7-tbaTck4[/video]
Now need to hunt down an oil leak that makes it smell like something rubber is burning in the engine compartment; probably a valve cover gasket.
That sounds very nice :music:
 

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
7,247
Location
Misery Knob
Car(s)
Too many and yet not enough
Sounds great! I'll be sampling the XJR without rear silencers soon, we'll see if it's too droney for my tastes.
 

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
13,783
Location
Boston, MA, USA
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3
Der Stig;n3554735 said:
Sounds great! I'll be sampling the XJR without rear silencers soon, we'll see if it's too droney for my tastes.
Yeah if you're just straight-piping the rears with just the center muffler it'll be really bad, even if it sounds great at WOT; that's what the car came with when I bought it. It'll need Magnaflows back there at a minimum.
 

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
7,247
Location
Misery Knob
Car(s)
Too many and yet not enough
Labcoatguy;n3554746 said:
Yeah if you're just straight-piping the rears with just the center muffler it'll be really bad, even if it sounds great at WOT; that's what the car came with when I bought it. It'll need Magnaflows back there at a minimum.
Noted. I’ll get some Magnaflows.
 
Top