First World Problems thread

Go for it, assuming the Prelude works fine. That's a seriously cool car to have in the States. I have to wait 4 more years for my "dream" car to be legal and it's a lot more weird :lol:

What car are you waiting for?

When they became legal here, we started seeing a bunch of them, but 95% where carbage, the worst cars that just wouldn't sell in Japan. And they where driven by 16 year old brats.

The situation eventually made the government change the law so that no new ones could be registered.

So no new Skylines can be registered in Canada? Do you have anymore info on that law change?

There are some pretty well done Japanese export sites I've been trolling recently, it doesn't seem hard to find one in decent condition. But you do have to pay a premium. The good news is, for some reason I don't fully remember, the Japanese do NOT drive cars to high mileage. 34k km! But this is a very expensive one at over $20k USD.

https://www.aucnetglobal.com/NISSAN/SKYLINE GT-R/Base grade/32420211/?mode=MULTI_CARSEARCH&num=36

As for myself, my eye is on one of these :D

https://www.aucnetglobal.com/MAZDA/AZ-1/Base grade/29150186/?mode=MULTI_CARSEARCH&num=2

Last edited:
Last edited:
The first of the modern GT-Rs was the R32 in 1989 right? I guess that would be legal next year. It would be quite cool to start seeing cars like that around but I doubt anyone will bother in this area.

I remember seeing an R32 GT-R heading up 3rd Street when I lived in San Francisco back in 2003. It was in town for the start of that year's Gumball 3000.

I quite literally squeed.

Because I accidentally broke my wireless receiver I no longer have a wireless keyboard for my laptop. The problem is the only replacement is available from China so will take ages to arrive; during which time I will have to rearrange my desk and use my laptop's keyboard :(

I am downloading Discovery Channel's 13-part series, American Icon: The Muscle Car right now.

I want to start watching it, but only parts 2 & 4 have finished downloading, and the obsessive-compulsive in me will not watch the series until part 1 is ready.

UPDATE:
And now parts 3 & 5 are complete. My computer hates me.

Last edited:
I have two 2tb harddisks, originally one for movies and one for TV-series. Now the one for TV-series is full and I have to move some series over to my other 2tb harddisk :(

dawson-crying.jpg

Last edited:
My computer just happily chirped at me, but I haven't had it long enough to learn it's language. Now I don't know what it wants me to know!

Also.

I went to the computer lab for Office, but the tech gave me a disc containing Office....for Mac. I don't have a Mac.

My computer just happily chirped at me, but I haven't had it long enough to learn it's language. Now I don't know what it wants me to know!

"let me sing you the song of my people"

After installing AdBlocker at my suggestion, a friend posted this: "everything seems kind of empty now though..."

Yes. Yes it does. :cry:

After installing AdBlocker at my suggestion, a friend posted this: "everything seems kind of empty now though..."

Yes. Yes it does. :cry:

Now he won't know if there is some Russian girls looking for him!

Now that I have a smartphone I browse the Internet for too long after I went to bed. The consequence is that I don't get enough sleep...

Last edited:
The air con in the building is a tad too cold and the temperature can't be changed.

The air con in the building is a tad too cold and the temperature can't be changed.

I have a snuggie at work. I kid you not. 38oC outside and I'm wrapped in my snuggie. And I'm sitting right at a north facing window.

Maybe you can explain this to me, ashspet - what is the difference between a snuggie and an oversized bathrobe worn backwards?

I tried to ask my snuggie owning co-workers at my last job, and all they could say was, "It's just different!"

it's more blanket than bathrobe-type material. Other than that, you end up with a cold patch down your back because you can't tie it closed (well, at least mine you can't), and you trip over the ends because it's too long. It does have a flap at the top you can tuck over your shoulders and right under the chin, which is slightly more 'snuggish' than a bathrobe.

And I suppose it's a little more socially acceptable than wandering around the office in a tatty robe.