Flight attendant quits job in style.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
This guy is a hero! And shame on the police for coming up with ridicilous charges.

NY Times said:
The contretemps on Monday unfolded as JetBlue Flight 1052, a regional Embraer 190 jet, landed at Kennedy around noon ? on time ? with 100 passengers aboard and pulled up to the gate, said another law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing.

The official offered the following account:

One passenger stood up to retrieve belongings from the overhead compartment before the crew had given permission. Mr. Slater instructed the person to remain seated. The passenger defied him. Mr. Slater reached the passenger just as the person was pulling down the luggage, which struck Mr. Slater in the head.

Mr. Slater asked for an apology. The passenger instead cursed at him. Mr. Slater got on the plane?s public-address system and cursed out the passenger for all to hear. Then, after declaring that 20 years in the airline industry was enough, he blurted out, ?It?s been great!? He activated the inflatable evacuation slide at a service exit and left the world of flight attending behind.

In short order, his gray two-story house on Beach 128th Street in the Rockaways, just off the ocean, was swarmed by detectives and uniformed officers from New York City and the Port Authority. ?It was like there was a hostage in there,? said Curt Krakowski, who was working on the deck of a house across the street.

Mr. Slater, Mr. Krakowski said, ?had a smile on his face when the cops brought him out, like, ?Yeah, big deal.? ? Mr. Slater was taken to a Port Authority police building at the airport and was expected to be held overnight.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/10/nyregion/10attendant.html?src=mv
Give him a medal! :clap:

Has FG quit any jobs in style?

Nobody will quit a job with that much style.

He'd be more stylish if he did a burnout and drove off in a Ferrari convertible. Or flew off.

:lol: He grabbed a beer before activating the slide and when the police knocked at his door "Slater seemed to be in the midst of having sexual relations" source

:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

So male flight attendant has hissy fit then ragequits! :hmm:

Still an awesome way to go nonetheless. :clap:

I just heard about this story on the news this morning. I thought that dude was funny as hell. Especially since he took a beer before he left and talked shit to the passengers :happy:. But c'mon 7 years on federal charges? It's ridiculous. I hate the justice system.

Yeah seriously how did this guy get 2 felonies out of this. That is just really really stupid. Hopefully he can get a good lawyer and get out from these crazy charges.

And with the money he will make doing the talk show circuit he can pay for a kick arse lawyer!

:rofl: :rofl: I never thought A male flight attendant could ever be cool, but this guy rocks!

My mom just told me about it. Epic win.

I heard this on the news and cracked up laughing. Unfortunately, they'll probably stick him with the bill to repackage and recertify the slide, if not the money lost due to the delay.

Still, :thumbup:

Now let's see if something serious is done about the Passenger Bill of Rights & Expectations

absolutely made of win. wish i had done something that cool when i quit my job a few years back. all i did was leave a note saying "F*** you" taped to the managers office door.

But c'mon 7 years on federal charges? It's ridiculous. I hate the justice system.

Jesus christ on a stick, seriously? The coppers charged him on reckless endangerment (what? how is opening an emergency slide on a plane on the ground dangerous, worst case situation is someone goes down it and gets a bruise or two) and criminal mischief (aka. what you charge people with when they haven't actually broken any laws)

You see, cool things do happen in real life.

Love it :D

He should be able to find a doctor/shrink that can testify he couldn't be held responsible for his deeds at that moment because the luggage that fell on his head had caused brain damage? :p

This man deserves an Oscar award for best exit of the year!