Flight Simulator 2020

Funny you ask that, since the other day before the CTD's came back I flew a picture perfect approach straight into the ground since I completely forgot to lower the gear.

Funny you ask that, since the other day before the CTD's came back I flew a picture perfect approach straight into the ground since I completely forgot to lower the gear.

I'm not sure what else to do with the game. I did my things, fly by my house, where i grew up, hardly could tell what it was, then did 2 long haul flights for shits and giggles.... Now what?

This isn't GTA.

I'm not sure what else to do with the game. I did my things, fly by my house, where i grew up, hardly could tell what it was, then did 2 long haul flights for shits and giggles.... Now what?

The bush trips are nice and scenic, some of the landing challenges are just nuts, or you could roleplay a pilot for hire based on websites that do that sort of thing. Two that come to mind are FSEconomy (what I do most of the time) and NeoFly. Both are free and generate missions for you to do to give some external purpose to your simming and maybe visit a place you wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

You could also go looking to make small challenges for yourself. Freeware scenery for an air race? Here's one for a Red Bull Air Race course in Geneva. Tough landing challenge? Put a 747 down at Saba (airport code TNCS). Challenge of commitment? Pick one of the fast turboprops or business jets and fly an around-the-world course.

My CTDs seem to be sorted out, I have the Aerosoft CRJ and PMDG DC-6 for FSEconomy flights, and now I'm eyeing up a trip in the DA62 through all the handcrafted Japanese airports I missed since I wasn't playing when that World Update and Discovery Flight came out. I'm still stunned by just how much better this sim looks than FSE on even my not-very-powerful rig.

From initial impressions and a short flight, Asobo have made a knockout plane in the Ju-52. Aside from one glaring visual flaw, the model is beautiful, and it comes with a deep enough checklist to feel involved in starting it up and taking it off. It could do with an actual pilot's handbook, though, as there are quite a lot of knobs and switches that can be turned with no explanation in the checklist for what they're actually doing, if they're mentioned at all.

I flew to Frankfurt and Munich last winter, I couldn’t believe you could for some reason