Focusing on spring - nicjasnos winter loaner

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Car(s)
'89 BMW E30 325iT, '95 BMW E36 318ti compact
Now that the e30 is in winter hibernation i managed to loan this gem of a car from a friends old mother, who doesn't drive in winter. Car would be sitting the whole time anyway.

It's a 2000 Ford Focus with the "mighty" 75hp 1.4 zetec engine. It makes the car move.

Only 62k km on the clock.

Despite not many driven kms, those tires from 2007 have seen better days, but will have to do for now.

Car has typical pensioner paint scrapes, hubcap damage, tire sidewall damage...

Best attempt at proof pic, put the style 5 center caps there, since i didn't have any pen or paper handy :)

All i did so far was remove some 20kg of junk from the car and i went through a car wash with it. Will give the interior a good clean tomorrow.

Looks perfectly serviceable. And are proof pics required if it's just a loaner?

I recognise your garage so I reckon that's enough.

It's probably a spirited drive still.

Edit: Eargh are those seat covers

I love mk1 Focus. It has such a great and playful chassis, but it doesn't compromise comfort too much. I've only driven 1.6, which was reasonable, but I guess the chassis shines on 1.4 models also.

Cleaned the car yesterday, and realized that there's Water in the rear passanger side footwell. Must have come in from the carwash. Not sure if from below the floor or through the door seal.

Also discovered some rust:

Decided to buy some used winter tires to replace this garbage that is on the car right now.

Last edited:
Very nice!

Rust on a '00 focus? Who whould have thought! :lol:

Good choice on the tires, those looked dangerous.

I hate to say I told you so...

Told me what? The shit tires are no news. I knew that way before you did. I can probably get used ones for 10-15 a piece.

I told you to get winter tyres, but you insisted these will be fine.

Those ARE winter tires. Just not ones in a very good condition. Also wrong size. Too low sidewall and too narrow.

Well, I told you to get something better than that. The point is, you insisted they'll be fine.

Cleaned the car yesterday, and realized that there's Water in the rear passanger side footwell. Must have come in from the carwash. Not sure if from below the floor or through the door seal.

I would check the fresh air filter first.. poorly fitted seals or poorly fitted filter does that. I had to reaseal the filterbox in mondeo and former focus did that also.. refitted and checked the filter and was good to go..