food that you hate???

food that you hate???

Aside peanuts and peanut products (severe allergy) I will try anything at least once. Things I have come to dislike over my years though are carrots, turnips, black licorice and McDonald's Lobster Rolls uck! There not in my area, I tried it once on vacation out east.

Fucking mushrooms, making me nauseaus by only smelling them during cooking. All hell broke loose the last time I tried to actually eat one...

Aside peanuts and peanut products (severe allergy) I will try anything at least once. Things I have come to dislike over my years though are carrots, turnips, black licorice and McDonald's Lobster Rolls uck! There not in my area, I tried it once on vacation out east.

If you're going to try lobster rolls for the first time, why on earth would you go to McDonald's? I assure you, there are much better lobster rolls out there. Even I can make a better lobster roll than McDonald's.

Fucking mushrooms, making me nauseaus by only smelling them during cooking. All hell broke loose the last time I tried to actually eat one...

I generally love mushrooms...but not when I cool them. Somehow, I fail at cooking mushrooms.

However, the worse sandwich I ever ate was a portabello mushroom sandwich. They didn't rinse our the gills, so it just tasted like a sandwich made of mud. blech!

I generally love mushrooms...but not when I cool them. Somehow, I fail at cooking mushrooms.

However, the worse sandwich I ever ate was a portabello mushroom sandwich. They didn't rinse our the gills, so it just tasted like a sandwich made of mud. blech!

Well you can't really blame the mushroom for that... it's like having a burger where they didn't wash the lettuce, the tomato was in there whole, and the bred was raw dough.

Sprouts.

Sprouts are the pubes of food.

Have you just had them boiled whole?

They usually look like this:

sprouts1.jpg

Curly, with a strange texture. Sort of rough and spindly.

Yep. The pubes of food.

5.jpg

That's what I (and I'm guessing ahpadt) thought you were talking about :)

The pubes comment makes more sense now.

5.jpg

That's what I (and I'm guessing ahpadt) thought you were talking about :)

The pubes comment makes more sense now.

We call those "Brussels sprouts" and yes, they are disgusting.

What 'coco was talking about are alfalfa sprouts.

I highly dislike avocado (not only a texture but a taste thing), which ruins most sushi for me because it's in FUCKING EVERYTHING. Why are there no sushi rolls without avocado in America?

I freely admit that I'm kind of a picky eater, but avocado is definitely one of the most prevalent things I dislike.

I highly dislike avocado (not only a texture but a taste thing), which ruins most sushi for me because it's in FUCKING EVERYTHING. Why are there no sushi rolls without avocado in America?

I freely admit that I'm kind of a picky eater, but avocado is definitely one of the most prevalent things I dislike.

There are a few without avocado, but yeah, I know what you mean. I hate avocado as well. Which was fun for me living in California, let me tell you.

If you don't want avocado in your sushi, tell the chef, and they'll be happy to leave it out for you.

You ARE getting your sushi made by a sushi chef right in front of you, right? (I'm a sushi snob. I will not buy prepackaged sushi, ever. I want the best, freshest sushi I can get, prepared in front of me. )

Undercooked beef. I know it's sacreligious to say that, but I enjoy the taste of cooked meat, and it's stomach-churning turn off when the drippings on the plate smell like a butcher shop, and not a kitchen.

Last edited:
Undercooked beef. I know it's sacreligious to say that

It isn't... every time I watch a cooking show in which someone (usually from Texas) shows how "beef should be properly cooked", I cringe. Half expecting it to get up, moo, and walk away.

Coconut. Flakes, meat, milk ... all of it. Can?t stand the taste (dislike the texture too, but taste is worse). Even in chocolate bars or deserts in general ... if there is coconut in there, I?m not having it.

I also hate strong smelly cheeses. I know if I would prob just try some ONCE, I?d probably fall in love - but so far the smell alone has me running for the hills. I also hate musseles. Not so much the taste, but the texture.