Food! [The thread that started this section]

the worlds thinnest bacon
That’s something I never understood about Germany - the “better”/more expensive the bacon, the thinner it seems to get??? 🤯

I don't really care much for wine in food, but it does seem like it would fit this dish for those who do.
Usually I get comparably good results with a splash of good quality vinegar… also soy sauce in everything lol

IMG_2758.jpeg

Went and tried the King Arthur flour recipe for sweet potato cinnamon rolls. Reduced sugar by about half by ditching the glaze and reducing sugar in the dough and filling by about 1/3 as well. Doubled the amount of sweet potato though. Still very sweet, the original must be insane. Anyhoo: turned out great, will make these again. Maybe halve the recipe, because this is like 700+ g of flour…

Stopped in Gulpen, NL for some finmeet things, decided to have a late lunch in the town. 😍

IMG_7934.jpeg

While in The Netherlands I tried this:
1706524412714.png

It ruined me, because I can't find it in Portugal.
I can find this:
1706524471438.png

Which is fine, but not as good.
Yesterday I came across this:
1706524521786.png

Stay away. It is very addictive.
I also bought the sourdough version but haven't tried it yet.

Looks like compacted sawdust

When you load it up with Dutch dip/spreads, it doesn’t matter.

Yesterday I went to a "Latin Festival".
Many different foods vendors (yay), most of them severely understaffed and unprepared (boo) but after waiting for nearly one hour I managed to try two dishes I never had before, both from Venezuela:
Cachapa (corn pancake) and Patacón (a sandwich that uses fried plaintain instead of buns.)
I plan on doing both at home.
1709568382344.png