Food! [The thread that started this section]

RaptorJesus

Resident Callboy
Had a big ass steak for dinner last night at a BBQ. 1.5 pounds of grass fed dry-aged ribeye hits the spot like no other cut of beef. It was expensive though at 28 bucks a pound, but very much worth it.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
Today I braised some shortribs (atleast thats what I think it was). I should've strained the braising liquid and reduced that but I couldn't be bothered and just mashed everything in the pot and chucked the shredded meat into it.

After that I quickly fried some garlic and olive olive, put in a couple of ladles of the stew and finally mixed the tagitelle in. It was quite nice, altho I always second guess myself at the end, after doing such a complicated dish. "Why didn't I just do an amatriciana or something" :roll:

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Today's brunch brought to you by laziness:

Hashbrowns and bacon, and cookie dough.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
(I'm home alone this week, so got nothing better to do :p)

Today's dinner was braised chicken legs with leeks, green beans, spring onion and spinach.

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Found a El Salvadorian restaurant in Merriam, Kansas (Near KC) called El Pulgarcito. Very good food, friendly staff.

Pupusa (two pieces of masa with cheese and other fillings, I had one pork and one jalape?o), the cabbage stuff is curtido:

Tamales (these where much more loose than the ones I usually get at Mexican restaurants):

And to wrap up the meal a bean empanada (refried beans wrapped in plantain and fried, then sprinkled with sugar):

Sorry for the quality of the photos. My camera phone wasn't doing a very good job.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Alas, I'm boring and that would never happen. I'm just alone and bored this weekend, made cookies the day before and wanted hash browns this morning.

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
WIN. Of all the totally original israeli foods, it's shakshuka that takes the cake. original yet easy and classic.

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
I've always heard it was a kibbutz-originated dish that used the extra veggies that were over ripe and going to go off. that makes a lot more culinary sense though. in any case, shakshuka is da bomb.

jmsprovan

Was originally one big piece of steak with connective tissue down the centre but I cut it apart into 2 before cooking.

Best steak I've ever made, also the cheapest (M&S reduced to clear 2 pieces of rump steak for ?5) the other piece in the fridge for tomorrow.

Lightly salted and peppered before frying, 4 mins on each side and 10 mins sitting on a heated plate, sided with McCain's oven french fries.

I licked the plate afterwards.

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2017 Kia Niro, 2015 911 Turbo
My first time at the Wicked Spoon buffet at the Cosmopolitan hotel, Las Vegas. I haven't been to a Vegas buffet in years as I find the food so-so and can't stand all the gluttony, this place however received a lot of positive buzz from my food enthusiast friends, those with a pretty refined palatte. This place is amazing, its like a combination of gourmet restaurant and all you can eat.

yep the cavery included roast beef bone marrow

speedmeist3r

Car(s)
987 B 3.4 S (M)
Had this lovely 700g prime rib steak in Johannesburg recently. At the Butcher's Block in the Rosebank Crowne Plaza. It was soooo good I had a second one, a few days later, of course.