DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I like my mashed potatoes to be slightly lumpy. :dunno:

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I am at the world's largest fish and chip shop... (Not the most seated chippy)

Anyway, its basically a big pub that serves fish and chips.

Fish was nice. The chips were OK, its not the best chippy however.

Last edited:

Buktu

Car(s)
Suzuki Swift 1.3 2006
That was too much liquid for my taste in those potatoes. Also, only butter on top? Melt that shit up with the cream, and lots of it. Heston Blumenthal adds anywhere between 25 and 50% of the potatoes' weight in butter, but that's an extreme example.. :D

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
If this is real, it is a bit on the "too much technology" territory.
HD camera?
"Recognizing" your food?
:blink:
The probe is nice and the front display seems cool, but all this automation....eh, no thanks.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
So... another invention for those who can't be bothered to learn cooking properly :p
I could see how it could prove handy for the right buyer. Someone who stresses out in the kitchen (raises hand) would like something that takes the guesswork out of the equation. Clearly if you're not single or a couple, it won't replace your conventional oven.

If this is real, it is a bit on the "too much technology" territory.
HD camera?
"Recognizing" your food?
:blink:
The probe is nice and the front display seems cool, but all this automation....eh, no thanks.

It's real haha. It's like hella expensive though: https://juneoven.com/

It's got a Nvidia Tegra K1 chipset in it with 2 GB of RAM and is designed by former Apple employees. It's admittedly ridiculously overpowered for what it does right now.

They do emphasize that there's an abundance of "manual" controls available...more than what you'd get in a mainstream "not-smart" toaster oven:

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
So, this is the British section of the 'international foods' aisle of a local mainstream supermarket. (Click for larger version.)

Ohhhh.... kay.......

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
There's brown sauce and beans. What else does a Brit need? :p

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
So, this is the British section of the 'international foods' aisle of a local mainstream supermarket. (Click for larger version.)

Ohhhh.... kay.......
I have to take a pic of the section at Wegmans. (The best supermarket in the northeast IMO) I think it's twice as big as that.

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S

Ohhhh.... kay.......
What's the jar in the middle on the left? Not something I recognise. Also Iced Tea has no place in a "British" section.
Those prices are just ludicrous though.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
i think the label says "jalapenjo pepper jelly"

can't go more british than that! :lol:

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Tesco and asda have American sections, also 4 billion percent price increase.

So, I'm eating healthier. Mainly on a low wheat diet and eat little if any garbage.

Porridge gets me though the day. I buy a bag of frozen fruit and throw them in there... and mainly only eat the redcurrants, the other fruits I will throw the odd one in there. I buy Raspberry's separately. Anyway, I have this big bag of leftovers, blackberries, blueberries Strawberry's etc.

YouTube keeps suggesting oat smoothies, so I'd be rude not to?
I had to filter it twice, the oats are a bad fucking idea. I downed it and it was fine, but never listen to the internet.

Last edited:

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster

Damn this stuff is nice. I had never quite believed the suggestions from TV chefs that adding salt to chocolate increases its taste but they're weren't lying. It's a bit of a mind bender at first but once it comes together it really does multiply the flavour.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
YouTube keeps suggesting oat smoothies, so I'd be rude not to?
I had to filter it twice, the oats are a bad fucking idea. I downed it and it was fine, but never listen to the internet.
I've found that the quality of blenders vary wrt how powerful the motor is. It makes a tremendous difference even when youre just making a simple soup with cooked veggies. It's worth looking into, although they will be much more expensive than regular blenders.