Thai Curries >>>>>> Indian Curries IMO.Probably because its not an answerable question - right give you the quick list:
1. Chicken or Lamb Korma - cream and armonds very cool and when well done (which it rarely is) is rather nice
2. Chicken Curry - rather nice and probably one to start with with a bit of spice
3. Jalfreeze/Madras similar heat - my favourites really like Thikka Jalfreeze and Prawn Madras - quite hot, make sure you have a popadum with salt on it to clean the palate whilst eating
4. Vindaloo - usually very hot and with potato, can be very nice when done well but pick side dishes carefully - a decent Nan Bread best IMHO
5. Anything labelled Phal - avoid.
6. A Portsmouth specialiaty but may be available around and about Tindaloo - avoid (you could send the Royal Navy to sea with this and they'd not need refueling ever!).
7. Balti Curry - very nice especially if bought in the English Midlands or Glasgow for some strange reason.
8. Chicken Masala (is that how it is spelled?) again very nice and recommended, btw no Indian would eat most of this stuff Brits only.