Food! [The thread that started this section]

Instead of a salad I made a pizza out of the leftover shrimp threw some ham on there for good measure, it was alright. This was the first time I have ever made pizza.

P1000458.jpg

man this got me thinking... i wanna try and make a thai curry shrimp pizza....

maybe saute the shrimp with curry spices then make a coconut curry sauce a bunch of sliced onion maybe bamboo shoots and some green pepper toss that in the oven with some mild cheese and then after it gets out throw some spinach and julienned kafir lime leaves... actually maybe hold the shrimp until after cookind as well otherwise they will get over done

Last edited:
I wish I could have coconut milk, had it once thought it was awesome until my throat started to swell shut.:cry:

actually maybe hold the shrimp until after cookind as well otherwise they will get over done

Cook the base with the sauce first, then add shrimp and cheese and cook just long enough to melt the cheese.

Anybody here a big Gnocchi fan? I cooked up a pumpkin Gnocchi the other day, and it was fabulous.

Any anyone here have a good recommendation for a french press? I have a mocha pot and basic espresso machine, but would really like to try my coffee blend with a french press without blowing a shitload of money (every $ counts when you're a broke uni student).

Last edited:
Made some butterscotch/chocolate chip cookies today......fucking delicious.

I made a BBBC sandwich for lunch. It was epic. No pics though, it wasn't around for very long.

Just bought myself a french press. Oh yeah.....

Grilled a nice pork loin tonight with an excellent brown sugar mustard rub. Mixed together brown sugar, mustard, rosemary, sage, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rubbed it all over the loin this morning, let it sit in the fridge all day, took it out and high seered it on the grill, next I turned the heat to low and waied for the loin to reach about 155, cut it, then ate it with sugar snap peas and russet potatoes.

outside...
P1000464.jpg

inside...
P1000465.jpg

All I can say is, "Thank God I'm not Jewish, because pork is tasty!"

Last edited:
Damn that photo's making me hungry.

Bought two pounds of local honey. The beekeepers yard is mostly clover, so the honey is very lightly colored, and tastes like nothing I have had before. If you like honey, I strongly suggest buying local.

Plus if you buy local it helps build an immunity to allergies in your area.

Plus if you buy local it helps build an immunity to allergies in your area.

Yes, indeedy that's why I buy some local honey every March to prepare for the allergy season. I generally try to stay away from everyday medication like Claritin.:)

Me to, don't actually care for honey all that much so I put it in a smoothie or tea and it works way better than any OTC drug.

You don't like honey? That is a first for me, everyone I know loves honey. The best honey related product I have ever had is "whipped honey" from this place called Honeyville in Colorado just outside of Durango. My favorites are the cinnamon and pumpkin spice. The stuff is definitely worth the price of shipping it to Indiana.

I like honey, it just gets old eating it every day, plus I usually don't have much of a solid breakfast and when I do it's a bagel or cereal and honey doesn't work too well with those.

imho hone works very well with either. Cereal with a bit of honey add takes away the tasted of shredded cardboard that is prevalent in most cereals. And on a bagel, try goat's cheese, bacon, rockett, honey and a bit of mustard.

I have hot oats with banana and honey everyday, and during the winter season (ie now) its so fucken nice to have a hot bowl of oats in the morning to stop you from freezing to death.

I can't seem to find any store that sells "local-honey". Might hit up some of the fruit farms near my area and see if they carry any.

imho hone works very well with either. Cereal with a bit of honey add takes away the tasted of shredded cardboard that is prevalent in most cereals. And on a bagel, try goat's cheese, bacon, rockett, honey and a bit of mustard.

What cereals do you eat?

Mini Wheats tend to taste like shredded paper, but most are okay even though I'm not a huge fan of cereal.