Food! [The thread that started this section]

I am at the world's largest fish and chip shop... (Not the most seated chippy)

Anyway, its basically a big pub that serves fish and chips.

Fish was nice. The chips were OK, its not the best chippy however.

Last edited:
That was too much liquid for my taste in those potatoes. Also, only butter on top? Melt that shit up with the cream, and lots of it. Heston Blumenthal adds anywhere between 25 and 50% of the potatoes' weight in butter, but that's an extreme example.. :D

So... another invention for those who can't be bothered to learn cooking properly :p

If this is real, it is a bit on the "too much technology" territory.
HD camera?
"Recognizing" your food?
:blink:
The probe is nice and the front display seems cool, but all this automation....eh, no thanks.

So... another invention for those who can't be bothered to learn cooking properly :p

I could see how it could prove handy for the right buyer. Someone who stresses out in the kitchen (raises hand) would like something that takes the guesswork out of the equation. Clearly if you're not single or a couple, it won't replace your conventional oven.

If this is real, it is a bit on the "too much technology" territory.
HD camera?
"Recognizing" your food?
:blink:
The probe is nice and the front display seems cool, but all this automation....eh, no thanks.

It's real haha. It's like hella expensive though: https://juneoven.com/

It's got a Nvidia Tegra K1 chipset in it with 2 GB of RAM and is designed by former Apple employees. It's admittedly ridiculously overpowered for what it does right now.

They do emphasize that there's an abundance of "manual" controls available...more than what you'd get in a mainstream "not-smart" toaster oven:

9PDyGlY.png

So, this is the British section of the 'international foods' aisle of a local mainstream supermarket. (Click for larger version.)

Ohhhh.... kay.......

So, this is the British section of the 'international foods' aisle of a local mainstream supermarket. (Click for larger version.)

Ohhhh.... kay.......
I have to take a pic of the section at Wegmans. (The best supermarket in the northeast IMO) I think it's twice as big as that.

Ohhhh.... kay.......

What's the jar in the middle on the left? Not something I recognise. Also Iced Tea has no place in a "British" section.
Those prices are just ludicrous though.

i think the label says "jalapenjo pepper jelly"

can't go more british than that! :lol:

Tesco and asda have American sections, also 4 billion percent price increase.

So, I'm eating healthier. Mainly on a low wheat diet and eat little if any garbage.

Porridge gets me though the day. I buy a bag of frozen fruit and throw them in there... and mainly only eat the redcurrants, the other fruits I will throw the odd one in there. I buy Raspberry's separately. Anyway, I have this big bag of leftovers, blackberries, blueberries Strawberry's etc.

YouTube keeps suggesting oat smoothies, so I'd be rude not to?
I had to filter it twice, the oats are a bad fucking idea. I downed it and it was fine, but never listen to the internet.

Last edited:
IDShot_540x540.jpg

Damn this stuff is nice. I had never quite believed the suggestions from TV chefs that adding salt to chocolate increases its taste but they're weren't lying. It's a bit of a mind bender at first but once it comes together it really does multiply the flavour.

Wow, I didn't know it was that much serious business.

YouTube keeps suggesting oat smoothies, so I'd be rude not to?
I had to filter it twice, the oats are a bad fucking idea. I downed it and it was fine, but never listen to the internet.

I've found that the quality of blenders vary wrt how powerful the motor is. It makes a tremendous difference even when youre just making a simple soup with cooked veggies. It's worth looking into, although they will be much more expensive than regular blenders.