Unveiled: Ford (FPV) Falcon GT "Black Edition"

Paul_The_Aussie

Car(s)
Ford Focus XR5T
Unveiled at Melbourne Motorshow this morning.

fpv-black-melbourne-concept-625x319.jpg

The black GT-based concept continues a theme among Australia?s homegrown performance tuners in Melbourne, after Holden Special Vehicles earlier revealed its limited edition HSV E Series 3 SV Black Edition vehicles.

Unlike the HSVs though, the FPV concept is strictly a show car ? at least for now. Ford Performance Vehicles general manger, Rod Barrett, said he would be closely monitoring the public?s reaction to the muscle car in Melbourne over the next 10 days.

?That?s what this concept car is about ? we wanted to demonstrate the possibilities, explore the future and gauge public opinion to assist us with the evolution of FPV product,? Mr Barrett said.

?We?ve equipped the vehicle with the GT?s ?most ticked? options, such as leather trim and reversing camera. That way, it?s a reflection of what our buyers are choosing and gives us a ?real world? basis to get people thinking.?

The FPV concept is finished in Silhouette black paint and features a contrasting matte black stripe scheme across the bonnet, rear wing and body sides. The lower side intakes at the front have been revised, while the black theme continues to the taillight frames and GT badges.

Lightweight 19-inch alloy wheels are wrapped in Dunlop SP Sportmaxx GT tyres (8.0 inches at the front, 9.5 inches at the rear). Lurking within is a performance brake package with larger six-piston calipers up front and four-piston calipers at the rear, and a track-tuned suspension setup.

The 335kW/570Nm 5.0-litre V8 is unchanged, although it is teamed with a new full stainless steel high-flow twin exhaust system ? naturally, finished with quad black tips.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/125733/fpv-concept-at-australian-international-motor-show-2011/

Have to say for once I am impressed by FPV.
Nice looking and hopefully the track tuned suspension is that not the stupid R-Spec crap they did a few models back.

Though this is only a concept it is a good start and hopefully will bring in some decent factory options.

It looks EVIL. DO WANT. :evil:

That looks badass, but can I have a straight-six turbo instead?

Now you lot are just showing off

Just imagine that as a wagon and ute.

Dear Ford,

Bring this to the US, cut the back off it and make it a Ute, and bring that one to the US as well.

On a side note, please make sure it comes with a manual transmission.

Thanks,
Americans for a better selection of cars to purchase on the used market in 15 years.

Last edited:
Shit you blokes are fast (well, I suppose whoever the caradvice journo is is fast), it only got unveiled about 8 hours ago! Disappointing they didn't take it further, but hopefully the suspension tweaks tie it down a bit better. And importantly, 265-wide tyres on the back now.

It's official. EVERY car in the Ford Oz range is better than every equivalent car in the holden range. :mrgreen:

It's official. EVERY car in the Ford Oz range is better than every equivalent car in the holden range. :mrgreen:

The majority of that statement is true, but sorry mate, only in engine is the FPV range better than the equivalent Commodores.

Dear Ford,

Bring this to the US, cut the back off it and make it a Ute, and bring that one to the US as well.

Thanks,
Americans for a better selection of cars to purchase on the used market in 15 years.

I second this!

Oh hell yeah I'd buy one, even if running it would ruin me.

Dear Ford,

Thanks,

I second this!

The masses have spoken, Ford Oz needs to make the Falcon and all of its derivatives available overseas.

Yes, 3 people = masses. :p