Ford Iosis/Mondeo

evoWALO

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

:shock:

Hmm not really working for me... the front quarter screams rx-8 in that side shot, and the rear is just far too bulky and high. And don't even get me started on those doors.

i like it, but that front end is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too RX-8.

Heh, those doors will never make production.

I wish they'd put it mass production, at least some fun on the road.

Mondeo uses new Jag XK design, XK uses the DB9 design :?
The front looks VERY Mercedes...its like a fusion car (design wise).

Since those ridiculous doors won?t make into production, I Like it! :thumbsup:

Wish to see it in a better color, tough... :unsure:

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Mondeo uses new Jag XK design, XK uses the DB9 design :?
The front looks VERY Mercedes...its like a fusion car (design wise).

Yeah, the front reminds me of the new Merc B class or whatever its called...and the rear is RX-8 i think ....too good for a ford :lol:

Oh wow, I hope they incorporate some of that styling in the next Mondeo!

would be the best looking ford, apart from the GT maybe. :thumbsup:

i like it, but not as a concept for the mondeo

should be some new sport sedan or sth

^ it wont ever make it into production i bet.

bartboy9891 said:
^ it wont ever make it into production i bet.

Looks great... So you're probably right: it won't make it.

This is the Ford Iosis. Great isn't it? A sort of Mondeo-sized four-door coupe. Think Mercedes CLS, but scaled down a bit.

Trouble is, you can't buy it. Not in this form anyway. But this car matters because it shows the kind of talents who are operating at Ford design these days, and the kind of freedom they are being given.

It shows some ideas that will take shape (literally) in the 2006 Mondeo, and more so in Fiestas and Focuses beyond.

The Iosis, though, is just a show car - a bit of stand-candy at the Frankfurt motor show from mid-September.

Press the unlock button and it's obvious this is just one-off. Presto, the doors themselves pivot upwards on an insanely expensive and complicated system of powered arms, like something arachnid. It's beautiful and scary at the same time.

That door opening is important because it properly reveals the extraordinary interior. Again, strictly a one-off. Can you imagine affording a real car where each facia vent was composed of 11 separate hand-made metal parts? But it's hinting that Ford cabins will become more driver-focused in future.

In fact that's really the whole point here. Fords are already exciting to drive. Better than many of the admired 'premium' brands. Even as it hobbles into its last year of life, the Mondeo is more fun than a brand-new equivalent Audi A4. So from now on Ford wants to do visual excitement like it does down-the-road excitement.

So what relationship does the Iosis have with the next Mondeo? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to deduce that the real Mondeo will have normal doors, smaller wheels and a black plastic dashboard.

It will have to have bigger windows at the back. The boot will have a lid that lets flat-pack wardrobes in. The roof will be higher.

So, says Martin Smith, Ford's European design chief, Iosis 'has elements of future Ford cars. But it's such a free interpretation of those elements that it couldn't possibly be the next Mondeo.

They are related though. If the Mondeo will be the older brother in the Boss suit, this is the younger brother, a super-fit boxer down the East End in a tracksuit.'

Iosis does tell us the design elements Ford will use. They're just exaggerated for effect here, so that they can get noticed over the babel of visual hubbub that is an international motor show.

Iosis elements that will be carried forward in mildly toned-down form include:

# Trapezoid lower grille
# Headlamp shape
# Bonnet flaring back from the upper grille
# Dishing at the base of the windscreen
# Big wheel-arches and the muscular contours above them
# Strong shoulders, and cut-in flanks below
# High prominent tail lamps echoing the headlamp shape
# Five-sided rear window.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/fotoshows/ford_iosis.90189.htm
and plenty more pictures.

flyingfridge said:

Heh, those doors will never make production.

Well the Mazda is owned by Ford anyway isnt it? Maybe they are swapping designers or maybe it's just one guy that design every single model for Ford :D :D

I dont think this is too bad, looks agressive, there should be something like that in the Ford program.

flyingfridge said:

Well, the actual one is a complete Passat rip-off. From sideview, it's the same, as it is with the interior.
They just changed sources...

But it looks great. It's easier to copy details here and there, to make something good, without having to be completely original.
I'm just waiting to read british magazines bursting with drool on that concept. They're a little home-biased, but when it comes to Ford, they're just too blind...