Ford Mustang RTR-C [All Carbon Fiber 2010 Mustang]

OneStiffGT

Initially the car was going to be a one-off street car for me to enjoy. However, once the finished product was revealed, I felt it wasn't fair to not offer the car to the world. We decided to offer limited-production of ten that will be built-to-order starting in April 2010 selling for $135k each. Based on the bill of materials, it's actually pretty "cheap" for what you get. More information can be found at MustangRTR.com.

Source : http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/01/29/drivers-blog-vaughn-gittin-jr-rtr-c-mustang.aspx

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4437.jpg

More pictures and the article can be found here : http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/01/29/drivers-blog-vaughn-gittin-jr-rtr-c-mustang.aspx

cat_its_beautiful.jpg

I would have expected more weight savings.
It still has a full interior. Should a full CF transformation like this yield more than -220lbs?

I would have expected more weight savings.

Like was said earlier, still a full interior, and if only the panels and roof were replaced with carbon fiber the rest of the car is still made of whatever material was used.

No wonder it?s still not "light" when the underwear is still ye olde steel frame ... and I wound?t go and call it an "All Carbon Fiber Mustang" ... unless you insert the term "body" in that sentence somewhere ... someone might sue for that.:D

Looks great this way ... but if they really made the whole bloody car from Carbon fibre like (for example) a Zonda ... it would be really awsome.

Needs more sidewall. Also, for the price, more weight savings.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the way exposed carbon fiber looks?

Matte black > Exposed CF

well, tell them to use matte clear coat instead of gloss clear coat then.

Carbon fiber doesn't have high longevity. Structural parts wear much more quickly than steel or aluminum. For this reason, it wouldn't be dumb to make a CF unibody mustang. (I've read that some of the higher mileage F50s are needing replacement monocoques)

Needs more sidewall. Also, for the price, more weight savings.

Well, the stock Mustang was never structually designed with CF panels in mind, so yeah, it wouldn't be a huge weight saving since you'd still need several layers of CF and resin to make the resulting parts strong enough.

It does look very nice though.

Well, the stock Mustang was never structually designed with CF panels in mind, so yeah, it wouldn't be a huge weight saving since you'd still need several layers of CF and resin to make the resulting parts strong enough.

It does look very nice though.

Well I think the real reason is that, metal panels aren't all that heavy. The rest of the car is still made up of rht heavy old lump of steel.

reminds me of the Carbon GT Concept in Burnout Paradise :D Looks absolutely fantastic. But it's quite heavy and too expensive