Formula 1 Trivia

Senna lost 4th gear first, then 3rd & 5th gear, and finally stopped on the track after the race was finished.

You're all thinking well, but hajj has got the second issue right. In the end he was only left with 6th gear. What was his first issue when the problem was developing?

Hint: bumpy circuit, car is jumping around.

You're all thinking well, but hajj has got the second issue right. In the end he was only left with 6th gear. What was his first issue when the problem was developing?

Hint: bumpy circuit, car is jumping around.

I don't feel like watching the race again, so I'm gonna take a guess it's either from bottoming out or hard over the kerbs.

I have no idea, did it keep knocking it out of 6th gear?

No idea.. I just re-watched the final 10 laps of the '91 brazilian gp (commentated by Murray Walker and James Hunt), and I don't hear them saying anything about senna's problem, apart from the obvious gearbox issue.

I know that the gearbox would miss a gear, or at times it would jump out of gear. But I don't know what other problem you are referring to.

Last edited:
Bit of a wild guess here....
Maybe the pins that hold the shifter slowly rattled loose?
then couldnt move it to get into gear?

No idea.. I just re-watched the final 10 laps of the '91 brazilian gp (commentated by Murray Walker and James Hunt), and I don't hear them saying anything about senna's problem, apart from the obvious gearbox issue.

I know that the gearbox would miss a gear, or at times it would jump out of gear. But I don't know what other problem you are referring to.

That's the one. First the gears started jumping out of position, then they simply failed altogether except for 6th gear.

Q: When was the last time a Ferrari ran a part of the car that did not feature red on it?

The race. The colour it was changed to. The part of the car and the reason.

Q: When was the last time a Ferrari ran a part of the car that did not feature red on it?

The race. The colour it was changed to. The part of the car and the reason.

1964's final two races. It was changed to blue and white. The team that ran the car entered the championship as a privateer, hence the colour change was done to tick off the italian works team.

The whole body of the car is in blue and white, wearing a Ferrari logo on the sides.

Edit : Car is Ferrari 1512/Ferrari 158, I found the picture from our forum's Formula 1 car poster thread. I'm busy cropping the picture and uploading it.

Edit : Here it is
blueferrari.jpg

Last edited:
Incorrect.

Hint: It was only one body part. Not the whole car. And It is more recent than 1964.

Good guess though

Tip of the nosecone, painted black, Bahrain GP 2005, in memory of Pope John Paul the II-nd?

If that doesn't count as a "part", then the whole nose section, also in black, Monza, 2001, after the 9/11 attacks. (Rest of the car sponsor-less)

Last edited:
Tip of the nosecone, painted black, Bahrain GP 2005, in memory of Pope John Paul the II-nd?
If that doesn't count as a "part", then the whole nose section, also in black, Monza, 2001, after the 9/11 attacks. (Rest of the car sponsor-less)
Perkele. I was thinking of 1993 and the Dallara-esque white stripe.

Both very correct :) Race was also notable for having the hottest race at that time, Renaults 100th win and MSchumacher's first mechanical retirement since 2001.

Perkele. I was thinking of 1993 and the Dallara-esque white stripe.

Come on none of that language :p

A relatively easy one, I think, though a bit interdisciplinar: Who is the most succesful driver to race at Le Mans who has also won a F1 race counting towards the World Championship?

A relatively easy one, I think, though a bit interdisciplinar: Who is the most succesful driver to race at Le Mans who has also won a F1 race counting towards the World Championship?
Jacky Ickx?

Ok, now my turn: how many WDC has Michael Schumacher won? No, ok, I'm kidding :lol:
In witch Grand Prix did Fangio emerge from the pits a minute after the leader, broke the lap record 10 times and won? Name the guy he last passed with 2 laps to go, the place of the GP and the name of his car.