Formula 1 Trivia

Who was the only driver in F1 to have ever been black flagged for driving too slowly?
Are we allowed to use wikipedia now?

oh yeah... totally forgot about this thread.

I will make up a nice question for you guys : )

Here, super easy one, I expect you guys to get this within 5min or less :

Which was the only F1 driver to start from last position and pole position in the same race??

Last edited:
Schumi, Japan '98? On the first start he was on pole, Trulli stalled, then on the second start, he stalled and got sent to the back for the third start.

Or maybe Montoya in Spa in 2001?

Schumi, Japan '98? On the first start he was on pole, Trulli stalled, then on the second start, he stalled and got sent to the back for the third start.

Or maybe Montoya in Spa in 2001?

Nope.

Heh, I only said 'Winkelhock' because I couldn't remember his first name. I think it's Marcus :p

The son of Manfred Winkelhock, and nephew (?) of Joachim.

Last edited:
Winkelhock?

I deliberately chose a question from the '07 season, since I know more ppl will know about this than other random questions that includes drivers from the 60s or 70s. The whole point was to get ppl to participate : )

Anyway... back to topic.

Winkelhock is good enough, but yeah it was Markus that set this unique record.

It's now Red_Bull's turn : )

Pacific Racing and I do believe it is Mr Bertrand Gachot (the taxi drivers friend) at the wheel!

Loved Pacific Racing, so hopeless it was comical!

Yes indeed (that was damn quick :p). At the start of the 1995 season at their car launch Keith Wiggins, celebrating the link up with Lotus and predicting that the champagne/success would be flowing really soon, struggled to crack open the bottle he was holding!

Anyway, your turn.

I remember their link up with Lotus, what a disaster! I believe it was at the end of the 94 season that Gachot was made up after they failed to make the grid (again) in qualifying because it meant he'd never have to drive the car again.

Erm as for the question...What is the longest gap between races that a Formula One driver has had?

An easy one for the day. The current form of Mercedes GP can trace it's roots to 1968. Which teams and which drivers have the WCC/WDC from this line of teams?